The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   This is how Gidget acts everytime she sees me with any type of food. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/how-gidget-acts-everytime-she-sees-99584/)

Gidget 10-04-2011 05:29 PM

This is how Gidget acts everytime she sees me with any type of food.

MHFoundation Quarters 10-04-2011 05:36 PM

Awww! You can see her though process "I want it, I want it bad, can I, can I please have it mom?"

I think horses could teach most dogs a thing or two about begging! Mine start in when they hear me open the chain on the pasture gate.

Horsesdontlie 10-04-2011 05:38 PM

Ahhh how cute. =) My two act the same way. They start talking as soon as the grain buckets come out. People at the stables think its hilarious to hear both of them nickering constantly.

Horsesdontlie 10-04-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1191367)
I think horses could teach most dogs a thing or two about begging! Mine start in when they hear me open the chain on the pasture gate.

My horse begs worse than my dogs. You should see his face when ever I unwrap a sandwich. (One of his favorite things....) Sometimes he'll even start doing tricks all by himself if I tell him to stand back, he will hold one foot in the air, then the other.....shake his head... >_<

Gidget 10-04-2011 05:43 PM

HAHAAHAH

I know,horses are too funny. Gidget loves peanut butter and jelly! Well she likes any food. She tried sneaking a bite of chili fries froma girl at a show once O.O she really wanted some.

Horses are quite good at begging.Gidget will even do jumps with me to get it and she talks the entire time,lol.

MHFoundation Quarters 10-04-2011 05:48 PM

Too funny! A mare I had as a kid got oreo cookies, a hot dog & shared my mt dew anytime we won a class. She was a total pig and would eat anything!

The only one I share much with now is Woodstock & we share one Guinness beer a week ;)

Gidget 10-04-2011 05:51 PM

Lol,we put beer in their food sometimes as a treat. Gidget gets some of my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on our trail rides and she loves black licorice too!..I don't think there is anythign that my horse doesn't like..She loves pizza but I don't give her that anymore since I found out she colics easily.

Horsesdontlie 10-04-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 1191376)
Horses are quite good at begging.Gidget will even do jumps with me to get it and she talks the entire time,lol.

Now that is something you have to video tape. :lol:

Jake is able to open drawers, trash cans, bags and swinging doors to get to the food. Once he figured out that I keep grain in trash cans he will knock any over that he sees to try and open it up.

When I'm at shows I always bring a sandwich and he gets the crust. ^-^ Soon as I take it out, he is leaning close as he can to me, with his eyes wide open and ears about to break off because they can't go any farther forward.

Even if I'm eating inside the trailer and he is on the outside you will see his nose through the small slats in my stock trailer, or his eye pressed against the slats trying to look for me. haha

tinyliny 10-04-2011 06:46 PM

She looks pretty polite about it, though. Eager , but not rude or pushy. good for you!

csimkunas6 10-05-2011 07:08 PM

LOL....Rodeo does that same nickering that Gidget does!! I noticed he will also lift his front feet up, and kind of hold them up, and then switch. He does it more at times than others....he is a strange horse

Anyways, Gidget is adorable as always!!!