The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Pasturemate for "Killer" (kidding... I'm kidding!) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/pasturemate-killer-kidding-im-kidding-9960/)

NorthernMama 06-09-2008 10:07 PM

Pasturemate for "Killer" (kidding... I'm kidding!)

Well, anyone that read my post about "Killer Mare? or Pure coincidence?" knows that I was hesitating about a companion for Lisa (Horse #2 in the saga)... I was looking for a donkey. Y'know, small, independent of Lisa and not likely to take up a whole lot of time..

So, today I agreed to adopt yet another OTStbd! Jeez, what was I thinking? Actually, I'm looking forward to it. She's really pretty.

She's 17h3", 5 years old! Huge, just huge! and with an attitude when it comes to food for sure, but seems calm in hand. Never had a rider; raced only a few times. This is my biggest project yet. Good thing I don't expect much. MDH is happy about it. He *really* didn't want a "useless donkey".

Transportation is being arranged tomorrow since she won't FIT in my trailer :shock: Watch for many questions in future about her. This should be fun! I plan on taking it veeerrry slowly! She's too dang tall to fall off of :lol:

travlingypsy 06-09-2008 11:41 PM

A project horse how fun...I want to find a project pony something small for my first crack at the ol whip.
Would love to see pics of her...Whats her name? Let us know how it goes.

Moxie 06-10-2008 12:47 AM

17h3"?? Holy Cats thats a huge girl! I cant wait to see pics of her! Imma have to go back and read your first post. lol

NorthernMama 06-10-2008 08:28 AM

Her name is Jade. I'm hoping she'll come home this weekend. I figured out last night that she is taller than my pickup!

Sara 06-10-2008 09:07 AM

Yeah, we definitely need some pics.