The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes, Ears & Nose

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Micki O 
#1 ·
What do you guys use to clean your horse's eyes, ears and nose? For eyes, and ears I usually just take the guckies out with my fingers. For the nose, I use a wet sponge, or a baby wipe.

Also, should you use separate sponges for eyes vs. nose?

#2 ·
I just use my fingers to clean the eye boogers out plus I have a small very soft brush I brush the lids with. I keep a seperate slightly stiffer brush for cleaning the ears and the rest of her face. I keep a bandana in my cookie bag for cleaning out her nose. If its really crusty I just wet the bandana.
She is really good about me working with her eyes. She will even let me pull the lid down if she has a big glob in there. Then I use a paper towel. I have even used a corner of my shirt to clean them out :lol: Probably not a really good idea :?

#7 ·
I think if you keep the ears clipped they would need cleaned regular. I don't clip mine, just use a face brush to clean them and use my fingers to feel for any gunk or ticks.

#12 ·
I keep a whole lot of kitchen sponges down the horse shed. Colour coded for what I use them for. pink = eyes & nose
other colours = tack

#14 ·
sempre_cantando said:
I keep a whole lot of kitchen sponges down the horse shed. Colour coded for what I use them for. pink = eyes & nose
other colours = tack
Thats a good idea having pink for the nose. Cuz when you think nose, you think pink. Lol.

#15 ·
lol yes you do! Even though my mare has a black nose :-p I still think of pink and nose going together. You could also have another colour still for cleaning... certain other areas! If they're colour coded, you won't get them mixed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.