The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   plus sized rider w/ plus sized feet >.< (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/plus-sized-rider-w-plus-sized-99827/)

raisinandelana 10-07-2011 02:35 PM

plus sized rider w/ plus sized feet >.<

Alright. I'm 5'11". I wear a size 12 in mens. I cannot for the life of me fit into a size 11 womens even though the shoe experts tell me I should be able to. I am currently using the only boot I have to ride ... a work boot with a steel toe with massive treads. Not safe...I know. Is it completely impossible to find a cute girly western style boot in my size? Cause it seems to be ...without having customs made. Does anyone out there have the same situation or maybe know where I can find some nice riding boots without having to wear men's? Cause I'm quite sick of it. Any help would be apprechiated!

LetAGrlShowU 10-07-2011 02:38 PM

check this out Size 12 Mens Riding Boots - Free Shipping & Return Shipping - Shoebuy.com they're all size 12. some are mens but look nice!

raisinandelana 10-07-2011 03:55 PM

Ooooooo I really like the ariats in the mens. The greenish ones. Now... to spend 230 bucks on some boots lol I better start saving....but I bet if they are ariats they are comfy! Thanks :)

LetAGrlShowU 10-07-2011 04:03 PM

I liked those too! But yea, i didnt look at prices til after i posted. I would never spend that much, but a good pair of boots is probably worth their weight in gold ;)

nuisance 10-08-2011 03:46 PM

I understand your problem, although not as big as yours (no pun intended) it's hard for me to find shoes/boots in women's sizes. I wear a 11wide, or 12 in womens, usually 10 wide in mens..... And dress shoes... Thank goodness I rarely go anywhere where I need them!

Good luck with finding a good pair!

raisinandelana 10-08-2011 03:56 PM

its nice to know someone has the same problem. Its odd though because I have heels and clog heels that are cute and size 12. And I can fit into those great...but yes they are starting to collect dust... :)
Posted via Mobile Device

mysticalhorse 10-08-2011 05:08 PM

I'm an 11 in women's & a 10 1/2 in men's but I have found certain store by searching online that carry my sizes in store..... I love my Ariats! My hubby is a 14 so I totally understand your frustration on finding boots. Look up Drysdsles.com
Posted via Mobile Device

EighteenHands 10-09-2011 10:54 AM

Boots at BootBarn.com: Cowboy Boots, Western Boots, Motorcycle Boots, Work Boots and more! has a large selection of cowboy boots in lots of sizes. You can choose the size and style you want to narrow your search!

There are lots of mens boots in large sizes available, and bootbarn.com even has a few womens cowboy boot styles in size 12!

good luck!

Requiem 10-10-2011 09:39 AM

I wear a pair of Ariat mens' work boots, although they don't really look like them... They look more like riding boots, but they're extremely durable and they actually fit in my stirrups without a problem, (well, as little as a problem as you can manage when you have feet like mine. :-P)

I have ridiculously wide feet; I could wear about an eight in women's if it weren't for how wide they are, so I actually wear a 10 in mens' boots. I like my Ariats because they're wide enough to be comfortable but are still alright to ride in. The only problem is that my legs have gotten even more muscular from how heavy the things are! :lol:

raisinandelana 10-10-2011 11:43 AM

Lol I know how that goes with the heavyness of the work boots, the other day I wore them all day and switched to tennis shoes.... I was shocked lol
Thanks everyone for all the great cites at least now I have some selection. I actually found a pink western boot (like hot pink) in mens on the boot barn website....and a pair of purple ones! Awesome! Now....to save money cause I want both pairs....lol
Posted via Mobile Device