The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What color tack ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-color-tack-99859/)

Joe4d 10-07-2011 08:07 PM

What color tack ?

1 Attachment(s)
What do you think for my trail riding party horse ? Gonna order Biothane headstall, reins and breastrap, was all set on hunter green but now thinking red.

Tianimalz 10-07-2011 08:26 PM

I like them both...
I think green looks *smoother* for lack of better words, on them, seems to blend better with their coat color scheme, and I've always been a fan of green on bays... but red would really be more of a flashy eye popper and would look nice with the blackish color they have with the bay.

BornToRun 10-07-2011 08:42 PM

I think I'm liking the red better. It's just more visually appealing to me, and like Tianimalz said, it's a bit more flashy against their darker coloring.

raisinandelana 10-07-2011 09:05 PM

I vote red :)

DraftyAiresMum 10-07-2011 09:11 PM

Another vote for red! :-)

Joe4d 10-07-2011 09:22 PM

The way things are going over in my, Keep the current Sunday Hunting ban in va thread, I am leaning towards BLAZE ORANGE,,,, but yeh I tend to agree, red it is Now I gotta figure out how to get back the red bota canteen and cantle bag I gave away last year.

raisinandelana 10-07-2011 09:46 PM

Ugh I know about how blaze orange goes. I know of one girl who was riding a GREY horse and a hunter shot her horse. Right from underneath her. I can only imagine the mental trauma. Off subject...sorry

caseymyhorserocks 10-07-2011 11:04 PM

Red here!! And I went camping with my horse, and I was buying these HUGE saddle bags, and for 20 dollars less I could have this really ugly blaze orange or for 20 more dollars for a brown.. I went with brown.. And after I ordered it I realized it was hunting season... I was darn!!! I really should have gotten the ugly eye catcher orange :-)

DejaVu 10-08-2011 10:13 AM

I think I like the red more..:-)

beforetomorrow 10-08-2011 06:32 PM

red!

Just from experience I'd definitely go with red! It's so attractive to the eye and a lot more flashy. Hunter greens on that shade of bay generally works ok, but not too well as the colour green tends to contrast better with gold, that's why so many chestnuts can be seen with it.
Also cute horse :)