The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   USDF Rider Awards (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/usdf-rider-awards-99886/)

Klassic Superstar 10-08-2011 04:24 AM

USDF Rider Awards

Who here has done rider awards through USDF?

Would love to hear about your experience!

I'm going for my rider award for training level on my 5 year old sport horse gelding! So excited!

Got to have 4 scores over 60% from four different rides,four different judges!

This should be fun and a lot of work!

But if I can do this for training thru 2nd I can move up to try to get my bronze medal through USDF!

calabraescloset 10-09-2011 02:36 PM

I've done my USDF Bronze Medal and need a couple more scores to finish my USDF performance awards for 1st and 2nd level. You'll really enjoy working on your awards. Recognized Dressage competitions are expensive so here's a money saving tip so you can maximize your scoring opportunities...

Attend recognized shows that have a "separate" shows on each day (ie; Saturday and Sunday). Lots of venues are doing this now to help riders with saving money and maximizing their scoring opportunities. You get a different judge each day and each show is technically a different competition.

That said, you can also attend shows that are not separate both days but request a different judge for each day. This works well for getting scores for your Bronze or even higher medals as well. I'm working towards my Silver now, but I think I may try to go back and finish those couple of scores for the 1st and 2nd level performance awards. Good luck and if you have any further questions don't hesitate :D

Klassic Superstar 10-09-2011 04:11 PM

Thank you so so much, luckily the show facility I will mainly be showing at does just that! (the two shows sat and sun) I groomed at all the shows she went to and she was about to get her bronze but the last show she didn't get the scores for either day, such a bummer! But she did an amazing job! Where are you located?

calabraescloset 10-09-2011 04:16 PM

That's bittersweet... I've been there myself with scores- no fun! I hope it works out for her next season.

I'm located in NH, how about you? :D

Klassic Superstar 10-09-2011 04:26 PM

I'm in Seattle Wa but starting to look at houses out in Monroe area near my horse!

Oliver is so talented I felt like doing the rider awards and pushing myself to do these shows would be really good for him for the first few years before we get into jumping shows where he is really good at...

We are doing our first schooling show nov. 19th and very excited! Also helps the show is where the ei and big shows are held, so with the schooling shows there I have hope to not have such a nervous spooky guy come summer! He's just a young guy so I'm excited to see how he does!

calabraescloset 10-11-2011 06:13 PM

That's fantastic! Good luck to you at the schooling show and it sounds like you've got a future super-star on your hands!!! :D