The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   hey look, I found foal photos! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/hey-look-i-found-foal-photos-99976/)

blue eyed pony 10-09-2011 07:04 AM

hey look, I found foal photos!

3 Attachment(s)
I was randomly searching for photos of Satin's sire to see if I could find something decent to have a better look at likely genetics and I found the stallion owner's facebook page, plus a whole album (of two photos) totally dedicated to the stallion's 20th of December 2010 foal - SATIN. My baby!

Now, with the date given, I thought it probably was, and the stallion owner gave more facts and they all matched what my girl's breeder told me... so guaranteed, these photos are my girl. And the eye, that gorgeous partly blue eye, sealed the deal. No doubt in my mind at all. And mamma was black - how strange, I had an image in my head of a black mare with a star...

Anyway! To business. First two photos are baby pics, last photo was taken yesterday at not quite 10 months.

csimkunas6 10-09-2011 02:13 PM

Oh my!!!! How adorable!!!

lilruffian 10-09-2011 02:55 PM

Pretty girl. Love the eye!

AnnaLover 10-09-2011 06:43 PM

Lucky you! What an adorable girl :D

tinyliny 10-09-2011 06:54 PM

That is one lovely horse!

RoCru 10-09-2011 07:50 PM

First off, Satin is a perfect name for her! :) The baby pics are so adorable, the partial blue eye is beautiful!

becca1584 10-10-2011 06:34 AM

Awww she looks so cute. Your lucky to find photo's of her as a foal :D

blue eyed pony 10-10-2011 08:23 AM

Thanks everyone :)

I didn't name her, the lady who bred her did (mare owner I mean) but I thought it suited her so I decided to keep it. I haven't kept a horse's name since I was about 9 or 10... 4 horses later and both of my current horses still have the names they came with. Monty because I didn't feel like I could change his name while he was on trial and it sort of grew on me in that time... and Satin because I love her name.

Thank you Tiny, means a lot. She's the nicest horse I've owned IMO and it's great to have it confirmed by other people. It's nice to know I'm not stable-blind, but that she is indeed a very nice filly. Bit awkward at the moment though! And I tell you what I think I'd have cried if I'd waited 11 months for a mare to foal to find a filly that over at the knee... amazed at how well she's straightened out.