Reining bits-no clue! - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Western Riding > Reining

Reining bits-no clue!

This is a discussion on Reining bits-no clue! within the Reining forums, part of the Western Riding category
  • Working cow horse bits
  • Reining cowhorse bits

Like Tree2Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
  #21
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner    
Those bits are more what you would see at a cow horse show then a reining show.
Yep, that's true....I thought about that after the fact! :)
Posted via Mobile Device
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-22-2011, 04:21 PM
  #22
Foal
I ride my horse in just a cheap medium port about 45 bucks. But she will work in any bit I put her in, which should be true of all trained horses, and just cheap spurs, there should be no reason why you would need a 500 dollar bit, if the horse is trained properly then it shouldn't really matter. As for getting used to the leverage, ride with the trainer, or with a trainer closer to you because I notice all the time how heavy peoples hands are, and reining is one sport where you really have to learn to ride and have your horse work well with light hands.
     
    11-22-2011, 06:30 PM
  #23
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77    
Yep, that's true....I thought about that after the fact! :)
Posted via Mobile Device
That would certainly explain why they looked so different to me!
     
    11-22-2011, 06:34 PM
  #24
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieReiner    
I ride my horse in just a cheap medium port about 45 bucks. But she will work in any bit I put her in, which should be true of all trained horses, and just cheap spurs, there should be no reason why you would need a 500 dollar bit, if the horse is trained properly then it shouldn't really matter. As for getting used to the leverage, ride with the trainer, or with a trainer closer to you because I notice all the time how heavy peoples hands are, and reining is one sport where you really have to learn to ride and have your horse work well with light hands.
Well, I am hoping that the riding I did last winter with NO reins helped, since I learned more about helping my horse turn from other cues, as well as got rid of some of my "security blanket" feeling of contact frrom SO many years riding H/J. I have been riding him in just a rope halter for months, plus the trainer has lesson horses I can learn on, which will be a huge help, I would think. Really looking forward to it.....supposed to start in the next couple of weeks, at least until after the first of the year when I have to go north again.......
     
    11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
  #25
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
That would certainly explain why they looked so different to me!
LOL, I get a little excited when someone posts in this section! The is the closest to thing to a "Reined Cowhorse Section" on here...
franknbeans likes this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Mare Gaiting - no clue what it is. mysticdragon72 Gaited Horses 8 10-27-2011 04:01 PM
Can you spot the clue?? Golden Horse General Off Topic Discussion 3 07-26-2011 01:13 PM
No Clue What I Am Doing! Help?? FlameFox Horse Training 15 08-02-2008 10:28 AM
Help me! I have no clue what my horse is... Oksana Horse Breeds 15 03-20-2007 04:47 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0