Anyone Else Ride While Pregnant? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Rider Wellness

Anyone Else Ride While Pregnant?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Ride While Pregnant? within the Rider Wellness forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category

    Like Tree6Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-08-2011, 04:53 PM
      #11
    Foal
    I don't see why not ride while pregnant, I did not ride while pregnant because my mother forbidded me, but if she had no say I would have totally done it, just keep it easy :)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-10-2011, 09:47 AM
      #12
    Green Broke
    My instructor is 6 months, and she never hesitates to climb on Love to demonstrate something to me... It then results in her husband (my other instructor) yelling at her from the other end of the farm to "get off the **** horse!"
    mystykat likes this.
         
        11-10-2011, 10:07 AM
      #13
    Foal
    The important thing is know your horse, but remember they still have that fight or flight instinct.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        11-10-2011, 11:24 AM
      #14
    Started
    Was at labor and delivery last night due to some sharp pains I had been having. Turned out to he a bladder infection and the nurse told me to take it easy for a while. When my husband said "that means no horse riding!". The nurse quickly
    Stopped him and said that horse riding in itself posed no risk and that if it's something I do regularly to go ahead and continue. Win!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    RoosterDo, Gallop On and 2BigReds like this.
         
        11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poco1220    
    Was at labor and delivery last night due to some sharp pains I had been having. Turned out to he a bladder infection and the nurse told me to take it easy for a while. When my husband said "that means no horse riding!". The nurse quickly
    Stopped him and said that horse riding in itself posed no risk and that if it's something I do regularly to go ahead and continue. Win!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Hahaha! Poor guy thought he totally had an out! Lucky you :)
         
        11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
      #16
    Foal
    My best friend rode with her first baby literally up until 2 weeks before he was due- the doc said it would help! She was back to riding 4 weeks later. With baby #2 she rode up until her due date and was back again 4 weeks later. She's crazy.
         
        11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
      #17
    Started
    Nah, he knows I'll ride regardless and he knows my horse is safe but he gets a huge kick out of it when doctors or nurses say no because I get all feisty and argumentative over it! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        11-19-2011, 09:15 PM
      #18
    Weanling
    One of the girls at my barn is a little over 7 months, but barely showing. And she rides 3 days a week, usually. She knows her horse, and won't ride anyone elses at the moment.

    I'm in the process of trying to find out if I'm pregnant (1st test was confusing, taking another tomorrow.) But right now this nausea is what is keeping me from riding. I feel that as long as you know your horse, and you don't do anything stupid like jumping creeks, you're ok.
         
        11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
      #19
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Idlepastures    
    I'm in the process of trying to find out if I'm pregnant (1st test was confusing, taking another tomorrow.) .
    By confusing I'm assuming you mean the control line was dark and the result line was extremely light? If so then CONGRATS a line is a line lol. If tomorrows isnt clearer feel free to post a pic of it or you can email it to me (poco1220@gmail.com) if you'd like a second opinion!
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        11-20-2011, 01:29 PM
      #20
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poco1220    
    By confusing I'm assuming you mean the control line was dark and the result line was extremely light? If so then CONGRATS a line is a line lol. If tomorrows isnt clearer feel free to post a pic of it or you can email it to me (poco1220@gmail.com) if you'd like a second opinion!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Well, rather than a single horizontal line (-) I got a vertical dark line, and then a faint horizontal. Pretty sure its a positive. Same results, twice, lol. Looks like we're having a lil one. Going tomorrow to the dr to confirm, though.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Can you ride when you're pregnant? Fizz Horse Riding 18 06-06-2011 02:43 PM
    Shots for Pregnant or Soon to be pregnant mares... ladybugsgirl Horse Breeding 1 05-04-2011 11:49 AM
    1st Night ride, 4th bareback ride, 8th ride total Britt Horse Training 5 11-21-2010 09:03 PM
    Pregnant or not Pregnant *funny* My2Geldings Horse Pictures 11 11-19-2008 02:54 PM
    can a small child still ride a pregnant pony boonesar Horse Breeding 4 12-05-2007 12:40 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0