Hypoglycemia and fainting
   

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Rider Wellness

Hypoglycemia and fainting

This is a discussion on Hypoglycemia and fainting within the Rider Wellness forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category
  • hyperglcimea and hypoglcimea horses
  • Hypoglycemia fainting

Like Tree13Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-10-2013, 09:38 PM
  #1
Weanling
Hypoglycemia and fainting

Lately iv been fainting, just like out of no where, its really weird and im not sure what the cause is but its usually after drinking coffee or eating. I have a family history of hypoglycemia and im wondering if this could cause it. Also wondering what might help like exersize? Thanks!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-10-2013, 09:41 PM
  #2
Yearling
Could be diabetes. Better get to the Doctor ASAP!
     
    03-10-2013, 09:42 PM
  #3
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted    
Could be diabetes. Better get to the Doctor ASAP!
I was already checked for that a few months ago and was negative. Although my blood sugar was higher then average it wasnt bad. Thanks tough! That would have been my first assumption to!
     
    03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
  #4
Weanling
Im so sorry but its hyperglycemia lol hypoglycemia is the opposite
     
    03-10-2013, 10:04 PM
  #5
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animallover707    
im so sorry but its hyperglycemia lol hypoglycemia is the opposite
I was going to say.. sure as heck isn't hypOglycemia, if it's after you eat!

Head to a doctor. That's the best bet. If you don't want to, you can buy a blood sugar monitor, and take it immediately after you eat (and before you pass out!) but really, a doctor is the best bet. :)
     
    03-10-2013, 10:11 PM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox    
I was going to say.. sure as heck isn't hypOglycemia, if it's after you eat!

Head to a doctor. That's the best bet. If you don't want to, you can buy a blood sugar monitor, and take it immediately after you eat (and before you pass out!) but really, a doctor is the best bet. :)
I wen in 3 times for it at the covalo clinic and the guy told me its nothing to worry about. He is the only doctor without going out of covalo so my options are limited.
     
    03-10-2013, 10:13 PM
  #7
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animallover707    
I wen in 3 times for it at the covalo clinic and the guy told me its nothing to worry about. He is the only doctor without going out of covalo so my options are limited.
Sorry, but passing out is not "not something to worry about." It's abnormal. Go back to him, and tell him you want a different answer. Or take the trip. That would be like if your horse kept randomly falling over and the vet said aww, it's nothing to worry about. You would get a second opinion, no?

Like I said you can buy the monitor for yourself if you'd like. But fainting after eating is not healthy and it's not good for you.
     
    03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
  #8
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox    
Sorry, but passing out is not "not something to worry about." It's abnormal. Go back to him, and tell him you want a different answer. Or take the trip. That would be like if your horse kept randomly falling over and the vet said aww, it's nothing to worry about. You would get a second opinion, no?

Like I said you can buy the monitor for yourself if you'd like. But fainting after eating is not healthy and it's not good for you.
Lol I agree which is why I went 3 times. They did tests and stuff and he suggested I eat slower(i tend to eat fast), stand up slower, and try not to do really heavy work. I was kind of PO when I left the third time with no answers. He suggested it was a cross between my blood sugar and pressure or something like that.

At least I wasnt pregnant! Which is what I tought aat first...
     
    03-10-2013, 10:25 PM
  #9
Weanling
Ill probably have to drive somewhere else. Ill have to pay a lot more this is my tribes clinic so its usually free or low cost.
     
    03-10-2013, 10:42 PM
  #10
Super Moderator
You've probably researched already but I'm attaching these links anyway
Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment and Emergencies

High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia) Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Diagnosis, and Treatment on eMedicineHealth.com

You could have a serious low blood pressure problem or even something related to caffeine - maybe see what happens when you dring decaff. Coffee
The sensible thing to do is see a doctor ASAP and don't stop until you find out exactly whats going on
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have hypoglycemia? OutOfTheLoop General Off Topic Discussion 11 08-02-2012 08:42 AM
Fainting Goats? canteringhearts Farm Animals 6 05-28-2012 08:02 PM
FAINTING when girth is tightened?? Help! cascanastargazer Horse Health 10 07-17-2011 06:34 PM
Fainting?? WildFire Horse Health 11 05-02-2010 05:01 PM
Fainting Goats RedHawk Other Pets 2 06-15-2009 09:12 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0