This isn't particularly related to horses directly...yet.
At the moment I do not have any sort of medical insurance,
So I figured I would just post here for suggestions.
I know there's at least one medically in-the-know person here,
So if anyone has any clue as to what is going on and how I can
At least make myself comfortable it would be much appreciated.
Every once in a while I seem to get contact dermatitis, or what
Seems to be. It looks and feels like allergy contact dermatitis. I
Get a rash (sometimes scaly) that is extremely itchy. The weird
Part is that I know exactly WHAT causes the rash, and I'm not
Allergic to any of the materials that are causing this...
The first time was from a new watch. I assumed that the watch
Contained nickel, which I am allergic to. I scratched that one so
Much that I ended up with some scarring. It has also happened
With various bracelets and a leather wristband. The most recent
Was caused by a generic elastic hair band!
Materials can sometimes only be in contact with my skin for a few
Hours before I start noticing the beginnings of a rash...and even
After I remove the item, it progresses into a full-blown horror.
In the past, calimine lotion has done little to soothe me.
Below was the best photo I could get...in reality it's more prominent
And very inflamed and red...an as you can guess, ridiculously itchy.