SI and Hip injury
Earlier this summer I decided it would be fun to take a flying lesson over my horses head. Twice. The first fall wasn't bad. However the second one has me in a serious mess.
We landed from a jump and I caught her with my spur and she let out a huge "piss off" buck which caught me off guard. I went up and over and landed on my rear end more on my hip, on a rock. When I landed I instantly knew I was hurt. I got up to walk and something "popped" and I couldn't move my leg. So I quickly found myself in the back of an ambulance off to the hospital for fear of back injury.
They x-rayed and concluded that when I landed I dislocated my SI(sacroilia) and when I went to walk it popped back in, which is why my leg locked up on me. So I was handed a pair of crutches and a kick out the door to be told I will be starting physio.
Physio went really well and I progressed quickly and we thought I was better and I went to ride again only to find myself back to square one. Only this time, the pain is isolated to my hip joint. And both my physio and I are stumped. Now the entire time there was a pain going on that I couldn't pin point. It was just "there" and as everything else was healing this one pain isolated itself and it seems to be the hip joint.
I can't get in to my doctor until the beginning of November. I've tried and its just not happening. I am in so much pain though I feel sick constantly. I have done A LOT of trauma to my hip in previous years so I almost wonder if its making this all the worse? I never had my previous hip injuries attended to by a doctor. They did xrays when I took this flying lesson. If there was anything wouldn't it have shown in the xrays? And why is it hurting so much worse now? I can't sit without my leg going numb and when I try to move its shooting pains. I can kind of bear weight on it but it started to hurt after walking a bit. My physio doesn't want me to do any exercise until we figure out just exactly what is going on.
But what do I do for the next month? Should I maybe waddle my way to emerg and explain things? Or just sit on my behind and wait until November when I can see my doctor?
And anyone care to venture a guess as to what exactlly is going on? Why is it coming at me so much worse now months later? I am really sick of this, litterally. I haven't been able to eat without wanting to vomit for the last week because of the constant pain.
BB ~ 2014 Trakehner Bratty Mare ~ 1993 CSHA Em ~ 2007 Standardbred