Originally Posted by Brenna Lee
Parents said I'd have to wait 2more years until they consider surgery again because a family doctor told them I could grow out of it... I feel so helpless.
Your parents should be listening to your cardiologist, not some random family doctor. Specialist versus general practitioner? Specialist wins every time.
I'm on Atenolol twice a day for rapid heartbeat. I do not have A-fib or anything life threatening, but I understand what you're going through. My cardiologist is more than willing to do the ablation on me, but would rather see if the medication helps first. It does most of the time, but every so often I'll have breakthrough events. Very scary and very
Even if the insurance won't pay the majority of it, your folks can pay $10 a month for the rest of their natural lives to pay off the bill if they have to. Someone who really needs the surgery should get it, not have others give them a 'wait and see' attitude.