I am wondering what Rodeo event is best for me and the horse? - Page 3 - The Horse Forum

 56Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16
• Horses: 0
I KNOW THAT A BABY COW IS A CALF!!! I HAVE KNOWN THAT FOR MY WHOLE LIFE!!
And I know how a rodeo works, I am very educated on the subject.... I get that the whole cows and calves things work I was merely stating my opinion.... I mean sure I laugh when the bull rider gets flung off and is stepped on or crushed but still I understand how rodeo works... And I respect that sport and I really think I can go Far in Rodeo... Oh And P.S. I AM 13 years old
IloveCody is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
• Horses: 10
You should try out as a Rodeo Clown.

I am not being facetious--the Clown is a very important part of a rodeo, and helps both humans and livestock. However, you may find yourself being considered a bit young for this position.
Sweeney Road is offline  
post #23 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,609
• Horses: 5
Well. Do you do wp with no saddle? Or bridle?

I quit.

"all I ever dreamt about was makin' it; they ain't giving it, I'm taking it"
QHriderKE is offline  
post #24 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,742
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by katieandscooby View Post
You will end up crying by the end of your first rodeo. You need to find something else.
very much agree, rodeo is very close to real still, people get hurt, animals get hurt, but at the same time everyone there feels a respect for the animals involved, and they find it important to show that respect by doing the best job that they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieandscooby View Post
If the worst thing in the world that can happen is I get some fleece fastened loosely to my flank and have to work for a grand total of 8 seconds once a week, well I would think I am living a pretty good life.
Hang on 8 seconds a week, with free board and lodging, and unlimited travel, I'm in.

Do I get holidays as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCody View Post
Ok, Ok I know a lot about rodeos so calm down..
Not sure that you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCody View Post
I KNOW THAT A BABY COW IS A CALF!!! I HAVE KNOWN THAT FOR MY WHOLE LIFE!!
And I know how a rodeo works, I am very educated on the subject.
Then you will know what events there are, and you will also know that you will not easily fit into that culture and way of life. I think you need to look at another event, how about extreme cowboy challenge?


All the fun of the west and not a rope in sight
katieandscooby likes this.

Last edited by TaMMa89; 07-01-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Golden Horse is online now  
post #25 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 335
• Horses: 1
Rodeo is a culture, a community.
If you feel the need to laugh when someone gets bucked off, hurt, or fails in their sport, then you need to not be involved with that sport. That is not showing respect. Laughing at injury is down right dirty.

The attitude you have will have you run off the grounds in no time.

Now, WHY do you even want to be involved with the rodeo? Trying to join a fad? Want to know something more "high speed" than WP?
If you can actually see yourself being good at it, what are you being good at? Why do you think you'll be good at it?

Answer those, and maybe we can suggest a direction that will work for you, because from the sound of it, rodeo is not a place for you right now.
DieselPony is offline  
post #26 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16
• Horses: 0
All right I am sorry and I am scared of Clowns.... And Rodeo is a culture I agree.. I know people get hurt and sometimes it's funny but You know I would love to do Barrel Racing so do guys have tips for me?
IloveCody is offline  
post #27 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,487
• Horses: 0
Get a trainer. It's really easy to ruin a barrel horse, and it's incredibly technical. It's extremely hard even though it looks simple.
Posted via Mobile Device
GamingGrrl is offline  
post #28 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16
• Horses: 0
Thanks GamingGrrl, I have a trainer that's working with and my old trainer loves big time barrel racing and I know it is difficult, however I didn't know you could ruin a horse.
IloveCody is offline  
post #29 of 31 Old 06-26-2013, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16
• Horses: 0
Thanks GamingGrrl, I have a trainer that's working with and my old trainer loves big time barrel racing and I know it is difficult, however I didn't know you could ruin a horse. Thanks for the advice, keep it coming. And I will listen to whatever you say
IloveCody is offline  
post #30 of 31 Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 5,516
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCody View Post
I know people get hurt and sometimes it's funny
Excuse me?

When is it EVER funny when someone gets sent to the emergency room?

You must have a sick sense of humor. Interesting how you think it's funny when a human gets hurt, but yet you have a problem with animals getting hurt. Neither is anything to joke about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCody View Post
You know I would love to do Barrel Racing so do guys have tips for me?
It's not for you. That's my tip.

Keep working with your trainer, learn more about the horse world, and mature up. Don't type in all capitals, actually use correct words (if you claim you know a "baby cow" is a calf, then use the word calf), and actually learn about something before you begin spouting about it. No, you do NOT know anything about rodeo. You don't even know what events are in it, so don't try to lie and say you "know how a rodeo works, I am very educated on the subject" because it's quite obvious you are lying through your teeth.

Any horse can be ruined for an event if you don't know what you are doing.

Barrel racing (like any other specialized event) is not easy and it takes YEARS to train your horse to do it correctly. Sure, it may look easy to run around 3 cans as fast as you can. Same as it may look easy to simply ride a horse around the perimeter of the arena for WP. Or how it may look easy to glide over 4 foot jumps in show jumping. All of these things take YEARS for the horse to learn correctly and YEARS for the rider to learn correctly. If any of these things are not trained correctly in the beginning, you will ruin the horse.

∞•*˚ Βгįťţαňγ ˚*•∞
It is not enough to know how to ride; one must know how to fall.
beau159 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is your favorite rodeo event Country Woman Rodeo 12 12-27-2011 11:09 PM
Wondering about his stability to event :) Thyme Horse Conformation Critique 4 12-03-2011 06:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome