Them Mexican boys sure are ropey.... - Page 8
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Western Riding > Roping

Them Mexican boys sure are ropey....

This is a discussion on Them Mexican boys sure are ropey.... within the Roping forums, part of the Western Riding category
  • Mexican calf flipping

Like Tree41Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-07-2011, 12:04 AM
  #71
Banned
I just did some research for ya, too.

33.
Rule 9.6. Neckrope Must be Used in Tie-Down Roping. In tie-down roping, a neckrope must be used. Calves may
Not be intentionally flipped backward. Contestant must adjust rope and reins in such a manner that will prevent horse from
Dragging calf. Rope to be removed from calf’s body as soon as possible after “tie” is approved. Roping claves shall be
Strong and healthy.


57.
Rule 11.6.5. No Jerk Down. Rodeo Committees have the option to request a special ground rule for “no jerk down” in
The tie down roping.


So the first is subjective (and does not apply to any kind of falling besides a back-flip), and the second is optional.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-07-2011, 12:11 AM
  #72
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77    
LOL, don't get scared! Join in, like you have been!
Not scared, I just don't have much else to say. I've said my thoughts. There is not much need to keep repeating them. I've gone over the rodeo ethics debate many times and don't really feel like jumping into it. Everything I would say is already being said pretty much.
     
    12-07-2011, 01:10 AM
  #73
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsesdontlie    
Not scared, I just don't have much else to say. I've said my thoughts. There is not much need to keep repeating them. I've gone over the rodeo ethics debate many times and don't really feel like jumping into it. Everything I would say is already being said pretty much.

Enough said
     
    12-07-2011, 01:13 AM
  #74
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba13    
I just did some research for ya, too.

33.
Rule 9.6. Neckrope Must be Used in Tie-Down Roping. In tie-down roping, a neckrope must be used. Calves may
Not be intentionally flipped backward. Contestant must adjust rope and reins in such a manner that will prevent horse from
Dragging calf. Rope to be removed from calf’s body as soon as possible after “tie” is approved. Roping claves shall be
Strong and healthy.


57.
Rule 11.6.5. No Jerk Down. Rodeo Committees have the option to request a special ground rule for “no jerk down” in
The tie down roping.


So the first is subjective (and does not apply to any kind of falling besides a back-flip), and the second is optional.
Right, that is the kind of jerk down I have been referring to, which most rodeos do adhere to.
     
    12-07-2011, 01:32 AM
  #75
Yearling
I think we can all agree that it all depends on the people participating in the sport- there are people who don't deserve to be near any animals at all, and there are people who are respectful and treat them well. It's the same for every discipline- western and english.
COWCHICK77 likes this.
     
    12-07-2011, 01:39 AM
  #76
Green Broke
Soenjer55, you are right.

At this point I think we all could agree to disagree... but my stubborn side will argue it out until there ain't nothing else to argue..LOL
     
    12-07-2011, 01:41 AM
  #77
Banned
Plenty of other arguments to go around. Head on over to the Horse Meat thread for a kick. Apparently you're automatically an ******* just for having opposable thumbs. At least that's what I've been getting from the more recent posts.
COWCHICK77 likes this.
     
    12-07-2011, 01:49 AM
  #78
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba13    
Plenty of other arguments to go around. Head on over to the Horse Meat thread for a kick. Apparently you're automatically an ******* just for having opposable thumbs. At least that's what I've been getting from the more recent posts.

LOL! Whoa!

I was just talking about our debate. I like to do it 'till it is done. But I can head over there and start on them . LOL
     
    12-07-2011, 01:51 AM
  #79
Yearling
Oh, I've done the horse slaughter/meat argument before. I know it makes me a bad person, but I kind of enjoy riling them up, because they just get into a 'you suck', 'no, YOU suck', 'well you suck MORE' kind of thing, and it's just too ridiculous...
I like this thread because everyone is finding back-up information, and arguing respectfully. I don't come across that as often as I would like.
And go for it, cowchick!! Lol
     
    12-07-2011, 01:55 AM
  #80
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by soenjer55    
Oh, I've done the horse slaughter/meat argument before. I know it makes me a bad person, but I kind of enjoy riling them up, because they just get into a 'you suck', 'no, YOU suck', 'well you suck MORE' kind of thing, and it's just too ridiculous...
I like this thread because everyone is finding back-up information, and arguing respectfully. I don't come across that as often as I would like.
And go for it, cowchick!! Lol
Post me the link...and I am there...lol
The last one was the "pasture to plate" thread... is there already a new one?
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions on mexican saddles paul333 Horse Tack and Equipment 10 02-16-2012 08:34 PM
Boys will be boys, whatever their species Golden Horse Horse Talk 7 06-29-2011 11:09 AM
WANTED: Mexican Grackle Bridle and Juming Saddle Xitania Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 04-29-2010 09:21 AM
My boys rums_mom Horse Pictures 10 07-25-2008 07:03 PM
Midget mexican buying horse. amightytarzan5 Jokes and Funnies 3 07-10-2008 10:01 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0