American Warmblood Inspection AUG 27 Joe Paulette Park Amelia, VA - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding > Sport Horses

American Warmblood Inspection AUG 27 Joe Paulette Park Amelia, VA

This is a discussion on American Warmblood Inspection AUG 27 Joe Paulette Park Amelia, VA within the Sport Horses forums, part of the Horse Breeding category
  • Powered by vBulletin va regional office
  • Powered by vBulletin virginia regional parks

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
  #11
Weanling
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Finch    
They used to do yearly inspections at the farm where I train....Lochill Farm in Hillsborough, NC.

I know you do Arabians, but all the photos are arabs? Is this inspection just for arabs? While I know arabs are included in the registry, I thought they were not common to the inspections.
Allsion you are correct in that typically you will not see a lot of Arabians included however they are eligible. The Arabians you see in the photos on the flyer are of my stallion HG Esquire+, who IS a Purebred Arabian and was actually the 2010 AWS Sire of the year. Another is a son of his whom we bred, Hy Wynds, who is also a PB Arabian and was the site Gold Medalist at the Farm you mentioned you trained at in 2010 and was also his age group Gold medalist end of year recipient. This inspection is for all that qualify to be ran through ~ not just the Arabians....

Denise Gainey
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-29-2011, 08:26 PM
  #12
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGEsquire    
I do!!! Yes, we'll chat soon ~ email me!

Denise Gainey
Sent a PM-
Well- if you think I can do it.. lol..
     
    07-30-2011, 09:50 AM
  #13
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druydess    
Were you able to attend Allison? If so, what were your thoughts?
I handled a number of horses, including the stallion in my avatar and his offspring. I haven't the last couple of years, though.

This stallion belonged to Lochill, so I did most of their handling. However, I was not at the 2010 or 2011 inspections in the area.

Druy, they run it very traditionally. You need to be fit!! You have to run the triangle in such a way that your horse trots with as much extension as you can manage without having the horse break into canter. If you would like more info on how to present your horse, let me know. There is a real formula to this presentation that differs from most "halter"/showmanship.
     
    07-30-2011, 10:09 AM
  #14
Weanling
To all who want to participate I need your mailing address so I can snail mail you the entry packet for the AWS Inspection You can either PM Message me here, FB message it or email me. They got to be back to the AWS office on or before 8/13 to not incurr a $50 rush fee

Thanks all!

Denise Gainey
     
    07-30-2011, 10:13 AM
  #15
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Finch    
I handled a number of horses, including the stallion in my avatar and his offspring. I haven't the last couple of years, though.

This stallion belonged to Lochill, so I did most of their handling. However, I was not at the 2010 or 2011 inspections in the area.

Druy, they run it very traditionally. You need to be fit!! You have to run the triangle in such a way that your horse trots with as much extension as you can manage without having the horse break into canter. If you would like more info on how to present your horse, let me know. There is a real formula to this presentation that differs from most "halter"/showmanship.
Sounds like the Sport Horse classes we just did. Magic and I took First in a class of 14- Her score was 93. We'll be attending another SH Competition next month. If it's similar to that, then I have a good idea.
I certainly wouldn't mind more info though; it's always good to learn from different sources...
     
    07-30-2011, 10:25 AM
  #16
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druydess    
Sounds like the Sport Horse classes we just did. Magic and I took First in a class of 14- Her score was 93. We'll be attending another SH Competition next month. If it's similar to that, then I have a good idea.
I certainly wouldn't mind more info though; it's always good to learn from different sources...

I have no idea what sport horse classes entail. The name makes one think that they are similar. The biggest difference I know from most in-hand classes is that you do not want the horse to stand square. You want an open stance with the open side toward the judge. As the judge changes side, you step the horse forward (or back) a step to open the other side. Try to get the horse to stretch the neck forward to show off the topline. Arab people are usually better at this than anyone else ;).

Then the trot of the triangle. It is not uncommon to have to do it more than once.

Also nice but conservative dress is appropriate. Make sure it doesn't make seeing your horse's movement difficult. Wear quiet contrasting color. It is OK to wear a clean pressed white polo with khaki slacks, if you want a casual look. Nothing bright or distracting.
     
    07-30-2011, 10:39 AM
  #17
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Finch    
I have no idea what sport horse classes entail. The name makes one think that they are similar. The biggest difference I know from most in-hand classes is that you do not want the horse to stand square. You want an open stance with the open side toward the judge. As the judge changes side, you step the horse forward (or back) a step to open the other side. Try to get the horse to stretch the neck forward to show off the topline. Arab people are usually better at this than anyone else ;).

Then the trot of the triangle. It is not uncommon to have to do it more than once.

Also nice but conservative dress is appropriate. Make sure it doesn't make seeing your horse's movement difficult. Wear quiet contrasting color. It is OK to wear a clean pressed white polo with khaki slacks, if you want a casual look. Nothing bright or distracting.
It does sound similar.. SH walks a smaller triangle first, and then trot a much larger one. The dress is the same as well. The stance is slightly different, but that is easily adjusted, and the neck, yes we Arab people are used to a lotta neck.. ;)

This is what I wore in Hunter Class, but I wore the same thing without the jacket for SH.


Thanks Allison!
     
    07-30-2011, 11:45 AM
  #18
Weanling
Dru ~ peak here for a few videos that might be helpful as well.

This one is at SHN's where one of the Esquire+ kids (Evan Almighty presented in the 2 YRO Colt class) was presented by a Open/WB handler, Tommy Doyle and our gelding was presented by an Arabian trainer, Mr. Larry Jones.


This one is NOT at a show but rather the inspection and is the same gelding as in the previous video yet handled by my husband. It does have alot of his baby pics too so pls feel free to fast forward. This was done by us for his new owner Same gelding that is in the photo jumping :

And this is Esquire+ being shown at an Open show (Dressage at Lexington) last year with the Warmbloods by the Open/WB Handler Tommy Doyle where he went Reserve Champion Stallion. The video is pretty crappy but you'll get at least an idea somewhat...

I always find that by SEEING what is being told to me helps tremendoulsy! I am going to TRY to catch up with you this evening after 5:00

Denise Gainey
     
    07-31-2011, 12:18 PM
  #19
Green Broke
That's VERY much like SH.. very cool- thanks for the visual.
LOVE E's movement! And what great bone!
     
    08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
  #20
Weanling
Hey Dru ~ got behind schedule but will call you soon - promise!!!

Bumping for the Tuesday crew!
We want to have as many participants & spectators as possible!

Denise Gainey
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Warmblood Inspections Heather3186 Horse Breeds 3 08-17-2010 08:52 PM
American Warmblood; Your Opinion? SilentBravery09 Horse Breeds 21 06-11-2009 10:12 PM
AWS(American Warmblood).. My RESCUE! SilentBravery09 Horse Breeds 6 06-05-2009 11:56 PM
American Warmblood / Quarter horse ak_showgirl Horse Breeds 5 02-07-2009 01:42 AM
Reg American Warmblood Gelding chickiwicki Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 03-07-2008 06:42 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0