APHA Stallion for stud, Chief - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 102Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: northern arkansas
Posts: 3,100
• Horses: 1
tons of horses are sent to slaughter because they were bred for color or so people want experience with a pretteh poneh. Those arent reasons to breed. That is why the market is flooded with thousands of horses bred "just because". Go to any auction and you will see plenty of riding horses that are young and ridable but no one wants them. Why? Because of irrisponsible people who get their hands on an animal with the equipment to reproduce.
If you dont have a quality animal to breed, it is irrisponsible to breed. If people dont have the money for a stud fee how in the heck can they afford to care for a mare and foal?g

Last edited by Honeysuga; 04-25-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Honeysuga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by waresbear View Post
Yes, if you are trying to compaign a stallion, watch who you breed to, those babies are his advertisements.
Always, the only people interested as of now is the owner of a few jutlands, and he's looking to get a few patterned heavy babies to pull his little wagon around for his kids when they're older. Although apparently it's the worst thing ever to breed to a mare who won't have the foal registered because they're looking for a patterned baby.
Aesthetic is offline  
post #23 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,712
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
Exactly. And in your case, You have a nice stallion who you can get large money for. I also see you have a wonderful breeding program and a nice facility most likely correct? For his first few ads until Chief becomes more popular with the quarter horse owners and paint owners, he is open to breed whom ever would like to breed him and will pay a nice price. Right now he's just a little stallion in training. No huge skills displayed, all he has under his belt is his color.
In your words 'No huge skills displayed, all he has under his belt is his color' - SORRY FAIL this IS NOT the sole reason to breed a stud to 'whom ever would like to breed him and pay a nice price' - your logic is backwards.
Muppetgirl is offline  
post #24 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuga View Post
tons of horses are sent to slaughter because they were bred for color or so people want experience with a pretteh poneh. Those arent reasons to breed. That is why the market is flooded with thousands of horses bred just because"
Posted via Mobile Device
Hmmm, If you say so. Seriously though, I believe i'm the owner of the stallion and if I wish to breed him, I will. Case closed.
HorseLovinLady likes this.
Aesthetic is offline  
post #25 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetgirl View Post
In your words 'No huge skills displayed, all he has under his belt is his color' - SORRY FAIL this IS NOT the sole reason to breed a stud to 'whom ever would like to breed him and pay a nice price' - your logic is backwards.
If You say so, if you haven't noticed. The reason most people breed is because of a stallions accomplishments. Correct? My stallion doesn't have accomplishments yet? Right? As of now, all he has people would like to breed for is a pattern and color, and his conformation. So tell me again how is this a fail when in all reality it's true?
Aesthetic is offline  
post #26 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 15,763
• Horses: 1
Usually people go out and prove their stallion, THEN stand their stallion at stud. Not the other way around. Just saying...
Posted via Mobile Device
DraftyAiresMum is offline  
post #27 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum View Post
Usually people go out and prove their stallion, THEN stand their stallion at stud. Not the other way around. Just saying...
Posted via Mobile Device
Normally correct? Considering he is 8 years old and three months of training in a local barrel arena, and a lack or sponser in high school rodeo or transportation to larger rodeo's not much can be done right?
Aesthetic is offline  
post #28 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: northern arkansas
Posts: 3,100
• Horses: 1
So a logical responsible person wouldnt breed unless there was something worth advertising like quality genetics. Your "reality" isnt true. It is a complete and total fail.
Posted via Mobile Device
Honeysuga is offline  
post #29 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuga View Post
So a logical responsible person wouldnt breed unless there was something worth advertising like quality genetics. Your "reality" isnt true. It is a complete and total fail.
Posted via Mobile Device
Whatever you say hun, in reality, I am the breeder, not you. Something worth advertising, Conformation, lineage, and color. So your point right here, invalid.
Aesthetic is offline  
post #30 of 53 Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: northern arkansas
Posts: 3,100
• Horses: 1
You arent a breeder. You are a person who has a horse with balls. He doesnt have very good conformation. What was his lineage again?? And color is worthless.
Posted via Mobile Device
Honeysuga is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
breeding , stallion , stud

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
APHA Stallion info for Dancin Warrior, Chief Blackhawk, Bound to Wardance alfjupiter82 Horse Breeds 1 02-04-2013 07:46 PM
Future APHA Stud??? Joppatrailrider Horse Conformation Critique 13 04-13-2012 12:46 AM
Who is your favorite APHA stud? SavvyHill Horse Breeding 0 07-29-2010 01:39 AM
Beautiful APHA, PtHA Black/White tobiano stallion at stud TxHorseMom Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 03-20-2007 08:05 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome