APHA Stallion for stud, Chief - Page 4 - The Horse Forum
 102Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The sandbox
Posts: 5,519
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
Also i've studied slaughter. Most are mules, donkeys, ponies and also horses without a large amount of fat such as roping horses or barrel horses. Horses bought at auction by kill buyers or horses stolen. So once again enlighten me on how many colored horses are sent to slaughter because of "People like me" whom do not have a big time stallion I can charge large bills for to breed?
No, most are not mules and donkeys. However they do run low because of the lack of demand. Color or not, horses are horses and I have seen decent cutting/reining bred horses ran through the sales in east TX. Roans, palominos whatever they still get ran through. Depends on the bidding as who gets them, a backyard owner or kill buyer. Not all of the horses are stolen either. The market would have to warrent the risk and in the last 15+ years the horse market has not been well enough to make stealing and sending horses to auction or kill pens to make it lucrative.

I DON'T LEAD 'EM AND FEED 'EM, I RIDE 'EM AND SLIDE 'EM.
COWCHICK77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuga View Post
You arent a breeder. You are a person who has a horse with balls. He doesnt have very conformation. What was his lineage again?? And color is worthless.
Posted via Mobile Device
Here is his pedigree. Oh, I'm not a breeder? really now? Is that why we've had two foals drop this spring, and one more coming? A stallion for stud? And two mares being bred back? Tell me how this works? Breeding I mean?
Missquanahsdeltachief Paint
Aesthetic is offline  
post #33 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: northern arkansas
Posts: 3,100
• Horses: 1
I was just thinking,hun, how old are you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Honeysuga is offline  
post #34 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 View Post
No, most are not mules and donkeys. However they do run low because of the lack of demand. Color or not, horses are horses and I have seen decent cutting/reining bred horses ran through the sales in east TX. Roans, palominos whatever they still get ran through. Depends on the bidding as who gets them, a backyard owner or kill buyer. Not all of the horses are stolen either. The market would have to warrent the risk and in the last 15+ years the horse market has not been well enough to make stealing and sending horses to auction or kill pens to make it lucrative.
You basically just proved my point. Not all horses running through auction are color. Also saying being bred only for color and getting ran through the auction? There are many breeds that come in color, and not always bred for such.
Aesthetic is offline  
post #35 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuga View Post
I was just thinking,hun, how old are you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Me, I'm 21. And you?
Aesthetic is offline  
post #36 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: northern arkansas
Posts: 3,100
• Horses: 1
Lol i thought something like that. Im withdrawing from this little debate. There is no use arguing.
Posted via Mobile Device
wausuaw and xxdanioo like this.
Honeysuga is offline  
post #37 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuga View Post
Lol i thought something like that. Im withdrawing from this little debate. There is no use arguing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you for finally realizing you started a pointless and completely losing argument(: Bye (:
Aesthetic is offline  
post #38 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: northern arkansas
Posts: 3,100
• Horses: 1
Bye ;) there is no point arguing with an ignorant and obviously inexperienced young person.
Posted via Mobile Device
Honeysuga is offline  
post #39 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 869
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuga View Post
Bye ;) there is no point arguing with an ignorant and obviously inexperienced young person.
Posted via Mobile Device
Whatever you say darling(:
Aesthetic is offline  
post #40 of 53 Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Was in Ocala, Fl Now In West Union SC!
Posts: 3,175
• Horses: 1
Just another clueless BYB.
myhorsesonador is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
breeding , stallion , stud

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
APHA Stallion info for Dancin Warrior, Chief Blackhawk, Bound to Wardance alfjupiter82 Horse Breeds 1 02-04-2013 06:46 PM
Future APHA Stud??? Joppatrailrider Horse Conformation Critique 13 04-12-2012 11:46 PM
Who is your favorite APHA stud? SavvyHill Horse Breeding 0 07-29-2010 12:39 AM
Beautiful APHA, PtHA Black/White tobiano stallion at stud TxHorseMom Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 03-20-2007 07:05 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome