APHA Stallion for stud, Chief - Page 5
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Stallions and Broodmares

APHA Stallion for stud, Chief

This is a discussion on APHA Stallion for stud, Chief within the Stallions and Broodmares forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree102Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-24-2013, 11:39 PM
      #41
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myhorsesonador    
    Just another clueless BYB.
    Obviously I'm clueless(:
    MelissaAnn likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-24-2013, 11:46 PM
      #42
    Yearling
    As a breeder you should be looking to better your breed, and looking to produce the best quality foals. You shouldn't be looking for a quick $5 to let your stallion cover any mare who's owner is throwing money at you.

    One day maybe you will open your eyes and see this, but I don't see that being anytime soon.
         
        04-24-2013, 11:48 PM
      #43
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xxdanioo    
    As a breeder you should be looking to better your breed, and looking to produce the best quality foals. You shouldn't be looking for a quick $5 to let your stallion cover any mare who's owner is throwing money at you.

    One day maybe you will open your eyes and see this, but I don't see that being anytime soon.
    Yeah for sure. I would definitely breed for a quick $5? I took the price of the jutlands at $525 each. Which for a stud with nothing but conformation and color to these mares, is pretty good.
         
        04-24-2013, 11:51 PM
      #44
    Yearling
    You just don't understand... It just looks like you are in it for the money more than anything, which is just sad.
         
        04-24-2013, 11:55 PM
      #45
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xxdanioo    
    You just don't understand... It just looks like you are in it for the money more than anything, which is just sad.
    If I were in it for money I would pop his semen off to anyone. No. This guy is my farrier who just wanted two of his mares bred. So bad? Didn't think so. Everyone here is thinking I am only breeding him for color or just popping him to any mare. No. Those two he's breeding because the guy wants a pair of foals to raise and cart train. My foal, i'm hoping will be a nice barrel prospect. His first foal, is acutally a hunter jumper. Now saying I'd breed to an mare and they don't need registration, doesn't mean i'm spouting him off. Many people like having a foal to raise and don't have a registered mare themself. Or can use them in sports like barrels and not need them registered. It happens in a small town right? So everyone saying i'm in it for the money, or breeding only for color, or other things, really have no idea what they're talking about.
    HorseLovinLady likes this.
         
        04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
      #46
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aesthetic    
    Exactly. And in your case, You have a nice stallion who you can get large money for. I also see you have a wonderful breeding program and a nice facility most likely correct? For his first few ads until Chief becomes more popular with the quarter horse owners and paint owners, he is open to breed whom ever would like to breed him and will pay a nice price. Right now he's just a little stallion in training. No huge skills displayed, all he has under his belt is his color.
    No, no nice facilities. Hoping to actually build a barn this year! LOL
    I'm not a big rich breeder - just a small one that worked my wee little tush off to get the best I could - Most of my horses I paid on payments but some things I couldn't sacrifice.
    Thanks for the compliments, though!

    Not saying I'm right or your wrong - We're all entitled to do what we will with our own horses.
         
        04-25-2013, 12:14 AM
      #47
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aesthetic    
    If I were in it for money I would pop his semen off to anyone. No. This guy is my farrier who just wanted two of his mares bred. So bad? Didn't think so. Everyone here is thinking I am only breeding him for color or just popping him to any mare. No. Those two he's breeding because the guy wants a pair of foals to raise and cart train. My foal, i'm hoping will be a nice barrel prospect. His first foal, is acutally a hunter jumper. Now saying I'd breed to an mare and they don't need registration, doesn't mean i'm spouting him off. Many people like having a foal to raise and don't have a registered mare themself. Or can use them in sports like barrels and not need them registered. It happens in a small town right? So everyone saying i'm in it for the money, or breeding only for color, or other things, really have no idea what they're talking about.
    So why don't you point them towards foals already on the ground that aren't finding any buyers? There are SO many horses that are unregistered, and just itchin' to find a home and be trained. Why don't you have standards set for your stallion? Any horse good enough to be kept a stallion should have high standards set for the mares wanting a foal out of him. Why just allow him to breed to anyone?
         
        04-25-2013, 12:14 AM
      #48
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WSArabians    
    No, no nice facilities. Hoping to actually build a barn this year! LOL
    I'm not a big rich breeder - just a small one that worked my wee little tush off to get the best I could - Most of my horses I paid on payments but some things I couldn't sacrifice.
    Thanks for the compliments, though!
    Well you've for sure have the absolutely stunning horses!! Could've fooled me! We have a nice barn, but recently a large branch came through the roof. Thank heavens all horses were turned out. We paid for our horses, except for the stallion. Actually we had a few cattle we raised and a man needed to rid of two broodmares and get a hold of cattle. So there is how we got two mares, both registered and with amazing lineage! I love your stallion by the way(; Wish I still had my arabian now.
         
        04-25-2013, 12:17 AM
      #49
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xxdanioo    
    So why don't you point them towards foals already on the ground that aren't finding any buyers? There are SO many horses that are unregistered, and just itchin' to find a home and be trained. Why don't you have standards set for your stallion? Any horse good enough to be kept a stallion should have high standards set for the mares wanting a foal out of him. Why just allow him to breed to anyone?
    Not actually breed /anyone/, More so along the lines of a horse that isn't what people around here would call....sadly 'nags'. Bad conformation, temperment, or whatever. As for finding buyers, out here we don't have much of a problem with horses finding homes. The ones in the auction either return home with the seller because they're asking to much, or they find a home where they're pastured to gain wait and then trained further more. Small towns, you see horses repeatedly in better condition or making a five year old girl happy.
         
        04-25-2013, 12:20 AM
      #50
    Green Broke
    I love how the story changes with every post. ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device
    myhorsesonador likes this.
         

    Tags
    breeding, stallion, stud

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    APHA Stallion info for Dancin Warrior, Chief Blackhawk, Bound to Wardance alfjupiter82 Horse Breeds 1 02-04-2013 06:46 PM
    Future APHA Stud??? Joppatrailrider Horse Conformation Critique 13 04-12-2012 11:46 PM
    Who is your favorite APHA stud? SavvyHill Horse Breeding 0 07-29-2010 12:39 AM
    Beautiful APHA, PtHA Black/White tobiano stallion at stud TxHorseMom Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 03-20-2007 07:05 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0