**Wanted Saddle!**
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Tack and Equipment Classifieds

**Wanted Saddle!**

This is a discussion on **Wanted Saddle!** within the Tack and Equipment Classifieds forums, part of the Horse Tack category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-28-2013, 09:45 AM
      #1
    Foal
    **Wanted Saddle!**

    Hi all. Just posting in search of a saddle like the picture posted below. This one is a intec Performance Gear made saddle, but it doesn't have to be the exact brand, as long as its like the picture! I'm looking for a 16.5 - 17 inch saddle. You must be willing to ship. Only excellent condition, and nothing too expensive please. Not looking to spend more than $300. I'm located in New York. Please let me know if you have, or know of a saddle with this description! I've been looking for a while now!
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg wanted saddle.jpg (19.1 KB, 84 views)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-28-2013, 12:45 PM
      #2
    Showing
    A Collegiate would be a close match. Don't go with the 16.5" as it has little resale value. Even 17's are getting harder to sell.
         
        03-28-2013, 06:43 PM
      #3
    Foal
    Awh thank you, just looking to buy a saddle like this!!
         
        03-29-2013, 11:07 AM
      #4
    Foal
    Smile

    Hi!! I am trying to sell a saddle! I am not sure how similar it is to the one pictures as I cannot see it incredibly well, silly me! But, I suppose it is worth sharing to see if you are interested. It is in great condition and has always been kept clean and conditioned and the hardware has been kept polished. It is an older saddle, but it really is a great all around saddle. It is an all-purpose and it is a 17 I believe. Perhaps a 17.5", but I will check. It was sold by Libertyville Saddle Shop, and was either hand made in England or Argentina for them. Let me know if you are interested!

    I don't have any current photos, but if you are interested I will take some and post them! Have a great day!
         
        03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
      #5
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saddlebag    
    A Collegiate would be a close match. Don't go with the 16.5" as it has little resale value. Even 17's are getting harder to sell.
    This is the first i've heard that. 16.5 - 17 seems to be the most common seat sizes.

    What size is the easy sell now?
         
        03-30-2013, 09:30 AM
      #6
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 16HHPocketPony    
    Hi!! I am trying to sell a saddle! I am not sure how similar it is to the one pictures as I cannot see it incredibly well, silly me! But, I suppose it is worth sharing to see if you are interested. It is in great condition and has always been kept clean and conditioned and the hardware has been kept polished. It is an older saddle, but it really is a great all around saddle. It is an all-purpose and it is a 17 I believe. Perhaps a 17.5", but I will check. It was sold by Libertyville Saddle Shop, and was either hand made in England or Argentina for them. Let me know if you are interested!

    I don't have any current photos, but if you are interested I will take some and post them! Have a great day!
    Hi, thanks for replying. :) If you could get some pictures, and double check the seat size, it would be greatly appreciated! And how much are you asking? Thanks again!
         
        03-30-2013, 10:49 AM
      #7
    Showing
    Eventer, 16.5-17" fit a slim rider. Nowadays many of the riders aren't slim and require 18-19" saddles. This is also a trend in the western as well. 15" westerns have gotten harder to sell. That would be a 17" in an english. I am talking general trends as noted by the manufacturers.
         
        03-30-2013, 10:59 AM
      #8
    Started
    Saddlebag, I appreciate your thoughts but if the poster is looking to keep and not looking at reselling, I think she needs to get one that fits. Just my opinion. I moved my daughter to a 16" Stubben when we bought her saddle. She had been using a 15" a friend of mine had. I don't know if she will ever fit into a 16.5 :) She is 17 years old and weighs in at 92lbs. I would think the op needs to worry about finding a saddle that fits and not about resale.
         
        03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
      #9
    Foal
    Smile

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EquiiEquestrian    
    Hi, thanks for replying. :) If you could get some pictures, and double check the seat size, it would be greatly appreciated! And how much are you asking? Thanks again!
    Hi! It is a 17.5". I would like to get around $225 for it (plus shipping I suppose, about $25). I will take some photos really quick--I have some, but not since it has been fully cleaned.
         
        03-30-2013, 12:03 PM
      #10
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 16HHPocketPony    
    Hi! It is a 17.5". I would like to get around $225 for it (plus shipping I suppose, about $25). I will take some photos really quick--I have some, but not since it has been fully cleaned.
    Thank you! Would love to see some pics:)
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    WANTED: tree less saddle OR wide bar saddle Horsecrazy4ever Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 10-28-2012 10:15 PM
    WANTED: Tucker Saddle and Saddle Pad Riverwalk Tack and Equipment Classifieds 11 10-05-2010 11:17 PM
    Wanted Saddle kated Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 03-05-2010 02:36 PM
    Saddle for sale! And wanted saddle! chelssss(: Tack and Equipment Classifieds 10 11-08-2009 04:25 PM
    Saddle wanted! chelssss(: Tack and Equipment Classifieds 2 02-17-2009 03:31 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0