03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
| || | TOOK THIS FROM LARRY'S WEBSITE: THE ESSENCE OF HORSE TRAINING "The ideas, concepts and techniques you learn from this video will help you get the absolute most from your horse training efforts. The tape is definitely a "must see". I started my own training stable back in 1980. Since that time I've helped a lot of people learn to successfully train horses. My goal in this video is to steer you away from the common pitfalls most people fall into when learning to train a horse. I want to focus on the key elements that will get you success right away. If you'll pay close attention and put into practice what I share with you in this video, your horse training efforts will be more successful than ever before. Here are a few of the topics covered in the video:
More key points addressed in this video:
- Muscle memory. How it can cause you problems you aren't even aware of and how to fix it.
- Using your hands correctly. You'll learn how to effectively hold the reins and use your hands, fingers and arms.
- Using your legs and spurs correctly. Much of riding, cueing and training the horse is done with your legs and the proper use of the spurs. This part of the video will show you exactly how.
- Body posture sitting in the saddle. The way a rider sits in the saddle and uses his body has a tremendous influence on how well the horse performs. Minor adjustments here can make a major improvement in how well your horse performs.
- Reading your horse. You'll never be able to do a good job of training or fixing your horse's problems if you don't have a pretty good idea what is causing the problems. I'll give you some tips that will really help.
- Choosing the right horse for the job. In this part of the video, I give you a plan that will almost guarantee your success in the show arena.
- The horse's previous training. How it affects his future learning, behavior and performance. Pay attention here. It's critical info.
- Training the trainer. I'm not going to tell you what this is about. You'll see when you watch the video. Let me just say that it "screws up" more horses that anything I else I can think of.
- Belief that you can do it. Almost anyone can have a degree of success working with horses. I share with you how to begin and progress.
I think you'll find the information in this video very valuable. Running time: 1 hour, DVD." HORSE TRAINING AIDS "Here's what it's about: Have you ever noticed that the best performance horses are usually the ones that are collected and work with a low head. These horses walk, trot and lope with a fairly level top-line. When the rider handles the reins, these horses lightly give to the rider's hands and flex at the poll. For good performance, this is the way it has to be. Every top trainer does everything in his power to get his horses to work this way. What many amateur trainers don't know, is that the top professionals use special training aids to help their horses learn. Three of the most useful training aids (or tools) is the German martingale, the Headsetter and the Easy Stop. Why do the top trainers use these special tools? Because they give the horse a clearer understanding of how the rider wants them to perform. When the horse has a clear understanding of what is wanted of him, the time it takes to get him trained is greatly reduced. Plus, it makes the training a lot easier for the horse. In this video, I cover the three "best" training aids. You'll learn how to adjust & fit them to your horse. Plus, I demonstrate some great training methods that get outstanding results. Here is what you'll learn…
- What motivates a horse to perform well for his rider.
- How to communicate with your horse in a way he can clearly understand.
- What causes behavior problems and what to do about it.
- How to use the horse's natural instincts to help you get him trained.
- The 5 biggest problems people have when trying to train their horse.
You'll learn all this and more. The information contained on this DVD is dynamite. (This DVD normally sells for $39)."
- How to use the German martingale, Headsetter, and Easy Stop to greatly improve your horse's training.
- How to teach your horse to give to your hands and flex at the poll.
- How to teach your horse to lower his poll and travel with a level top-line.
- What collection is and how to achieve it using a snaffle bit.
- Tips on using your hands and fingers when working the reins.
- How to improve your horse's back-up.
- Collection and control when using a curb bit.
- How to position your horse's head using only one hand on the reins.
- Tips for teaching your horse to neck-rein correctly.
- How to teach your horse to lower his poll with the curb bit.
- How to improve your horse's stop.
- How to handle the reins for a reining horse type of stop.
- How to handle the reins when working a cutting horse.