selling two saddles - Bates Isabell 17.5" in Like NEW condition with tons of extras (girths, fittings, cover, etc) for $2600 OBO and Bates AP 17" in excellent condition with cover asking $1400. WILL TAKE OFFERS ON EITHER SADDLE!!!! Both saddles are CAIR and changeable gullet from the ORIGINAL BATES LINE 100% made in Australia (compare to the new ones now made in Vietnam...). Motivated to sell - all reasonable offers considered! I will also match the price on any saddle if you find the same model made in AUS in similar condition, for sale for less somewhere else!
I'm selling my Bates AP because I have too many saddles and don't need this one. It's in excellent shape, 17" seat, in havanna brown leather. It has been maintained meticulously and always kept covered and in a bag, and comes with a burgundy Bates saddle cover.
- Changeable gullet with medium wide (blue) gullet installed, and medium gullet included
- ORIGINAL CAIR panels
- 100% Made in Australia - you can't get this saddle any more as they simply don't make it. A while back Bates started making their saddles in Vietnam (stamped "Product of Bates Australia | Made in Vietnam"). This is one of their ORIGINAL saddles with the CAIR when they were made entirely in Australia of AUS leather, parts, and so on. This saddle in addition to having a serial number, is stamped "Product of Bates Australia | Made in Australia".
For sale asking $1400 OBO. Feel free to compare this to the newer models that sell for $1600+ and are made in Vietnam and there is a VERY big difference in the craftmanship. This saddle rides like a dream and I love it, but I just don't need 6+ saddles!
I also have an all original Made in Australia 100% authentic smooth leather Bates Isabell 17.5" for sale. Saddle retailed new for $2800, would consider letting it go for a little less WITH extras - only ridden in less than 25 times, kept in a bag and covered in the house (not barn!) at all times, almost no visible wear as this was a demo saddle that I had no need for as I primarily event/do jumpers/foxhunt. This also is the original model that they no longer make, and the new Bates lines are all made outside of AUS - so this is a chance to own two of their original CAIR / changeable gullet saddles with the top quality craftmanship.
Isabell key features and included items:
- Changeable gullet with medium narrow (green) gullet installed, and medium gullet included
- ORIGINAL CAIR panels
- 100% Made in Australia
- Original Bates dressage leathers and fancy sterling silver stirrups - the stirrups and leathers alone retail for about $150!
- Spare large knee blocks (smaller blocks on saddle - they just velcro on so you can swap out whichever kind you prefer)
- Burgundy saddle cover
- 28" EquiTouch dressage girth
- 22" leather dressage girth
- Dressage saddle bag (double zipper but one zipper doesn't work so including this for free)
For sale asking $2600 OBO INCLUDING all the extras (all together valued at over $3k)! Feel free to compare this to the newer models that sell for $2800+ without extras and are made in Vietnam and there is a VERY big difference in the craftmanship. This saddle is in pristine, like new condition!
More pictures of both saddles plus accessories included here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11546...PrV39TLiMKK8wE