I need feedback fast about to buy and want to be for sure!!!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Tack and Equipment Classifieds

I need feedback fast about to buy and want to be for sure!!!

This is a discussion on I need feedback fast about to buy and want to be for sure!!! within the Tack and Equipment Classifieds forums, part of the Horse Tack category

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-10-2010, 08:46 PM
  #1
Foal
Exclamation I need feedback fast about to buy and want to be for sure!!!

I am about to buy this blanket for my 15yr old arabian mare and we live in southern Indiana. What do you think of this blanket. (My mare is under the my horses named Jasmine)


Product Summary:
Tough-1 600 Denier Designer Turnout Blanket

From the original TOUGH-1.

Medium/Heavyweight. Designed without a back seam to prevent leaking. Made of 600 denier ripstop poly outer shell with waterproof 210 lining.
  • 300 grams of poly fill
  • Fleece wither protection
  • Crossed surcingles with elastic ends
  • Adjustable leg straps with elastic ends
  • Double buckle front
  • Shoulder gussets allow freedom of movement
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-11-2010, 03:05 PM
  #2
Started
I bought a tough-1 blanket once for my lipizzan/tb filly and it didn't fit her right. I haven't bought another or tried the horse size....
     
    12-11-2010, 04:19 PM
  #3
Yearling
I've heard that they are great blankets, but don't know about the sizing.
     
    12-11-2010, 04:31 PM
  #4
Started
Measure the middle of her chest to the middle of her tail...you can add a couple inches

Or do you mean overall sizing of the brand as a whole? Ie runs larger/smaller?
     
    12-11-2010, 04:33 PM
  #5
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonSevenfold    
I've heard that they are great blankets, but don't know about the sizing.

Oops sorry...mistook that for the OPs reply..lol
Sorry
     
    12-11-2010, 06:01 PM
  #6
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13kielj    
I am about to buy this blanket for my 15yr old arabian mare and we live in southern Indiana. What do you think of this blanket. (My mare is under the my horses named Jasmine)


Product Summary:
Tough-1 600 Denier Designer Turnout Blanket

From the original TOUGH-1.


Medium/Heavyweight. Designed without a back seam to prevent leaking. Made of 600 denier ripstop poly outer shell with waterproof 210 lining.
  • 300 grams of poly fill
  • Fleece wither protection
  • Crossed surcingles with elastic ends
  • Adjustable leg straps with elastic ends
  • Double buckle front
  • Shoulder gussets allow freedom of movement
How much $$$?
     
    12-11-2010, 06:57 PM
  #7
Weanling
If this is the only horse in the field, 600 denier will be just fine. If there are other horses that may tug at her blanket, go for the highest denier that you can afford. A great place to check reviews, from people who actually own the blanket, is horsetackreview.com.
     
    12-12-2010, 08:26 AM
  #8
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by RATHER BE RIDING    
If this is the only horse in the field, 600 denier will be just fine. If there are other horses that may tug at her blanket, go for the highest denier that you can afford. A great place to check reviews, from people who actually own the blanket, is horsetackreview.com.
Agree totally. Dovers Riders brand are higher count and pretty affordable. Love them.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for some feedback... Cowgirl140ty Horse Riding Critique 12 05-15-2010 03:22 PM
Feedback: Little Sophie Flintlock Horse Artwork 9 04-04-2010 03:05 PM
New to the forum- Need some Feedback. gypsyeye805 Draft Horses 12 03-21-2009 08:22 PM
I need your feedback! :) NicoleReynolds Horse Pictures 16 02-21-2009 07:30 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0