Looking for a Jointed Snaffle Bit...Please Read

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Tack and Equipment Classifieds

Looking for a Jointed Snaffle Bit...Please Read

This is a discussion on Looking for a Jointed Snaffle Bit...Please Read within the Tack and Equipment Classifieds forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Double jointed snaffle bit

LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Looking for a Jointed Snaffle Bit...Please Read

I am looking for a jointed Snaffle Bit. I really don't care about the maker, but I do care about the type of bit that I am looking for.

I am looking for a jointed snaffle bit that may look like a tom thumb bit with shanks, but with a roller, or bead joint. The mouth pieces need to be slightly bent / curved for comfort for the horse. Each section should be able to move independely and the shangle pieces can turn in/out.

I will show pictures of something that is similar to what I am looking for. I am not sure what exactly these bits are called. Some of the makers that I have seen are Bobby Allen, Myler, Reinsmen, Kelly ???, and etc. However I am not looking for a $200 bit, but something that is worth getting and used for trail riding and playday events.
Sponsored Links
    04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Let me try to find the number for this guy, I was going to post it in the tack forum when my bit came in. He's from New Mexico, and custom makes bits. They are heavy dark steel. I ordered a full-cheek with a link in the middle and copper ring rollers on the center joint. The bars have copper striping rather than a full copper mouth. It only cost me $50 dollars, and he picked up the shipping for me since he didn't have what I wanted at the show. It's called Dutton Bits...here, he's listed on here. http://www.everything-horses.net/listBiz.php?minNo=123
    04-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Have seen something like that in a Robart bit. Go to Home and check out the different bit types. They may have what you are looking for and don't cost a fortune.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking For Double Jointed Snaffle With Roller Appy Luvr Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 01-10-2010 06:00 PM
Jointed - flexy stirrups barnprincess English Riding 6 01-10-2010 12:43 AM
Full cheek, double-jointed, ported snaffle bit? lol ShannonSevenfold Horse Tack and Equipment 3 11-11-2009 07:30 AM
WTB: Loose ring double jointed snaffle ShannonSevenfold Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 07-05-2009 11:20 AM
Double Jointed Bits thebp Horse Tack and Equipment 8 04-27-2009 06:59 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0