Lots of new horshair jewelry designs! - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Tack and Equipment Classifieds

Lots of new horshair jewelry designs!

This is a discussion on Lots of new horshair jewelry designs! within the Tack and Equipment Classifieds forums, part of the Horse Tack category

    Like Tree3Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-03-2012, 09:45 PM
      #11
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jordi    
    I usually like to get a section of hair that's at least 16" long and about as big around as your thumb. The thickness of the actual strands varies with each bracelet--it can be as thick or as thin as you want! :)
    If we want to use multiple horses hair do you need just that much overall or that much from each horse?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-04-2012, 12:22 AM
      #12
    Foal
    Very well--I wear one of mine all the time, and so far it's been just fine. :)
    Plains Drifter likes this.
         
        10-04-2012, 06:53 AM
      #13
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jordi    
    Very well--I wear one of mine all the time, and so far it's been just fine. :)
    I make these too, I wear them 24/7, in the shower, in the lake, out around the horses getting it dirty...everything always washes off.
    Would you mind telling me where you got your clasps from? I've looked in my free time for something like that online/at hobby lobby and still can't find anything that works as well as yours.
         
        10-04-2012, 07:09 AM
      #14
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Plains Drifter    
    If we want to use multiple horses hair do you need just that much overall or that much from each horse?
    Just that much total. :)
    Plains Drifter likes this.
         
        10-04-2012, 07:10 AM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidsummerFable    
    I make these too, I wear them 24/7, in the shower, in the lake, out around the horses getting it dirty...everything always washes off.
    Would you mind telling me where you got your clasps from? I've looked in my free time for something like that online/at hobby lobby and still can't find anything that works as well as yours.
    Ebay usually has them in one form or another, and also some of the larger bead/findings companies like Fire Mountain Gems. :)
         
        10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
      #16
    Foal
    How much would an 8-strand square braid neckalace cost? Would probaby only need to be about 17" or so.

    Thanks!
         
        10-05-2012, 10:24 AM
      #17
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BossHoss    
    How much would an 8-strand square braid neckalace cost? Would probaby only need to be about 17" or so.

    Thanks!
    It would be $38ppd. Would you be sending your own horse's hair? If so, I'll need a section of hair that's about 22" long and about as big around as your thumb. Send me an email (eqexpressions@windstream.net), or PM me here for more details. Thanks! :)
         
        10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
      #18
    Started
    How much do you charge for a plain fishtail braided bracelet? My pony passed away in June and we have almost all of his tail (he was cremated at the equine hospital after he died) and were looking into getting four or five bracelets made from it. Could you do a package deal?
         
        12-20-2012, 01:00 PM
      #19
    Weanling
    I love your new braids! Are you doing something like Kumihimo braiding? I've always wanted to try it with horsehair, even bought the book, but I was afraid that the horsehair would be too springy or stiff.

    P.S. A while ago I asked about the ends of your bookmarks, I found a method you might be interested in, I folded the hair over a shish-kabob skewer and braided down from that, when I finished the braid I pulled the skewer out and it left the end nice and flat.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    New horsehair jewelry designs for sale! Jordi Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 06-29-2012 08:43 AM
    Opinions on Bit Designs PerchiesKisses Horse Tack Reviews 36 12-07-2011 08:45 PM
    TONS of new horsehair jewelry designs for sale! Jordi Tack and Equipment Classifieds 19 04-12-2011 08:43 PM
    My designs. Want one? Fifty Art Requests 11 12-07-2010 06:22 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0