Wanted: Girth, Bridle, Saddle Pad, D-Ring Snaffle, & Reins - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-21-2011, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas<3
Posts: 330
• Horses: 0
Wanted: Girth, Bridle, Saddle Pad, D-Ring Snaffle, & Reins

I'm showing soon and I really need the following things:

**Brown Leather Girth. Decent Quality. If its a bit dirty, I don't mind cleaning it myself, but no rips or major damage please.
**White Shaped Show Saddle Pad. With or without billet and girth straps.
**Brown English Bridle to fit an Arabian. So either pony or cob sized. No bling please.
**D-Ring Snaffle.
**Brown (prefferably laced) reins to go with bridle.

I pay through paypal. Thanks!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
RidingTowardsGrace is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 03-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 366
• Horses: 2
I have a used but fairly good condition 48" brown leather, elastic one side - $8 + shipping.

And some like new Bobby's havana cob size fancy stitch laced reins ($60 new)- $25 + shipping.

Lots of D ring snaffles - what size and mouthpiece did you want?
RockHorseRanch is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 03-21-2011, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas<3
Posts: 330
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHorseRanch View Post
I have a used but fairly good condition 48" brown leather, elastic one side - $8 + shipping.

And some like new Bobby's havana cob size fancy stitch laced reins ($60 new)- $25 + shipping.

Lots of D ring snaffles - what size and mouthpiece did you want?
Oops I forgot to put that I need a 44" girth. Thank you though!!!
And can I have pics of reins.

I don't know much about bits. The one we use on him is just a silver D ring snaffle? I don't know size though. I can ask. What about mouthpiece?
Posted via Mobile Device
RidingTowardsGrace is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 03-22-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas<3
Posts: 330
• Horses: 0
Bumping for the day.
Posted via Mobile Device
RidingTowardsGrace is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 03-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 366
• Horses: 2
Standard size is 5" (inside measurement from side or ring to side) - sounds like you are just using a regular D snaffle with one joint. I have D french links, waterford, copper ovals but no regular D's.

Reins are 1/2" x 102" long (cob size is smaller to be more in proportion to smaller horse's features)

English Bridles Reins Browbands :: 100_8032.jpg picture by mtwalking - Photobucket

English Bridles Reins Browbands :: 100_8031.jpg picture by mtwalking - Photobucket


Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingTowardsGrace View Post
Oops I forgot to put that I need a 44" girth. Thank you though!!!
And can I have pics of reins.

I don't know much about bits. The one we use on him is just a silver D ring snaffle? I don't know size though. I can ask. What about mouthpiece?
Posted via Mobile Device
RockHorseRanch is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 03-22-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas<3
Posts: 330
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHorseRanch View Post
Standard size is 5" (inside measurement from side or ring to side) - sounds like you are just using a regular D snaffle with one joint. I have D french links, waterford, copper ovals but no regular D's.

Reins are 1/2" x 102" long (cob size is smaller to be more in proportion to smaller horse's features)

English Bridles Reins Browbands :: 100_8032.jpg picture by mtwalking - Photobucket

English Bridles Reins Browbands :: 100_8031.jpg picture by mtwalking - Photobucket
May I have a picture of the girth you have? I may buy it for my trainer if its in decent quality. I'll get back to you on the reins. I'm going to the store to see what they have, but if I still can't find any ill let you know.
Posted via Mobile Device
RidingTowardsGrace is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 03-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 366
• Horses: 2
sorry for delay - out of town for spring break.

Here's a picture of the 48" leather girth - decent schooling condition and great deal for the price!
Used Schooling Tack and Clothing :: 48&quot; $8 picture by mtwalking - Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingTowardsGrace View Post
May I have a picture of the girth you have? I may buy it for my trainer if its in decent quality. I'll get back to you on the reins. I'm going to the store to see what they have, but if I still can't find any ill let you know.
Posted via Mobile Device
RockHorseRanch is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 03-29-2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas<3
Posts: 330
• Horses: 0
Thank you for the picture, I'm on my phone so I can't see it as well as on my comp, but with a good cleaning and conditioning, do you think it could be used at a show?
Posted via Mobile Device
RidingTowardsGrace is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 366
• Horses: 2
Yes, it would look fine - it's nice leather still. Just older and used a lot.
RockHorseRanch is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas<3
Posts: 330
• Horses: 0
Okay, if I buy it it will be later today when I have access to a computer. I will probably buy it.

I was going through the photos and notice you had pur browbands for sale. Do you still have a cob one?
Posted via Mobile Device
RidingTowardsGrace is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted: Dee Ring or Full Cheek snaffle with roller Amarea Tack and Equipment Classifieds 4 11-18-2010 11:15 PM
Wanted: English Saddle and Snaffle Bridle rissaxbmth Tack and Equipment Classifieds 15 04-21-2010 11:49 PM
Kieffer Jessica II Dressage Snaffle Bridle/Reins Horsesarebetterthanpeople Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 02-19-2010 03:06 PM
4 1/4" D-Ring Snaffle Wanted apc11196 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 10-15-2009 01:07 AM
Wanted...D-Ring Snaffle and leather or Show Halter Velvetgrace Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 09-01-2009 11:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome