Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Wanted: 'Unwanted' horse tack. CAN(but definitely willing to buy from US etc)
Anyone looking to get rid of old, unused horse tack that is just lying around collecting dust somewhere, or just taking up space? Maybe something that you haven't used in years, and will never use again?
I'm looking for a bunch of horsey items for my gelding. I had some stuff, but when he came home to me, nothing I had fit him. I am a bit limited on funds, and with winter coming up, having to buy hay(and not able to work for 4 months due to an injury), I don't have as much to spend as I would like(so preferably cheap tack ).
My list is pretty long, so bare with me...
- 80" Winter Turnout
- 80" Fly Sheet
- Full size English
- Full size Western
- Shaped, square, half pad? (doesn't really matter?)
- Nylon Halter(He's borrowing a friends leather draft halter right now, but needs his own)
- Fly Mask(the one he has right now is full size, but it's to small. I'm not sure of the next size up?)
- Open front jump boots(he has full horse size ones now, but they feel kind of tight to me, not sure if they have a next size up?)
- English reins preferably the ones with clips(clips aren't necessary)
-Western reins preferably ones with clips(don't need clips though)
- Lunging Equipment (Lunge line, Suringicle(sp?) etc)
These last two are probably a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try?
- English CC 17", will have to measure gelding today.
- Western 16" FQHB(pretty sure, will also measure)
Anyways, I do have some items left that I am willing to trade(I gave the rest to my neighbors 12 year old daughter. She just got her first pony and didn't have much stuff)
-1 pair Devon-Aire, green breeches w/ knee patch, size 30L(used)
- Green nylon halter with gold running horses on it. Used, but still definite working condition.
- White and blue fly mask w/ ears. Looks to be a full size.
- White Euro Guard open front jumping boots. Not sure of the size.
- Brown nylon girth by Cavalier 125cm.
- 1 Aegis riding helmet, size S/M. Is used, but has never taken a fall. The black tape like material on the side is slightly torn, but doesn't effect its use. It's hardly noticeable. It's just to small for me.
Just thought I would add, I do not mind fixing items (as long as they aren't completely broken). I don't mind patching up a few holes in a blanket, or fixing up a rip in a saddle pad etc.
For saddles, they do not have to be in immaculate condition. As long as they are safe to ride in, I really do not care what they look like. They pretty much goes for all items. As long as they're safe and still usable, I don't mind! Blemishes don't mean a thing! :)
If anyone wants pictures of the stuff for trade, just ask ;)
Last edited by iridehorses; 10-18-2011 at 06:27 PM.