Building a website, any free domains/hosts? PLEASE HELP - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Technology

Building a website, any free domains/hosts? PLEASE HELP

This is a discussion on Building a website, any free domains/hosts? PLEASE HELP within the Technology forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Wix horse site
  • Wix free domain co.cc

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-16-2012, 12:00 AM
  #11
Weanling
I use Wix and I like it a lot. There's lots of different lay outs and you can add music, if you'd like.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
  #12
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxremoving    
I have been using two of these websites for a while. Mostly for game nerdy stuff but wix.com has improved soooo much over time and I love their tools and flash.

Here my own which I put together for a game I play. *yes I am a geek* I haven't used it for a long time as I don't play it but you get the idea anyhow.

Trinity Corporate Services | Wix.com

I am working on my own site for my self but still in the works.
     
    05-24-2012, 12:29 AM
  #13
Yearling
I use Webs.com and I love it!
     
    05-24-2012, 02:56 AM
  #14
Started
I used for many times 000Webhost.com for the web hosting and for the domain, I use to use Co.cc but Google don't show those in the search results anymore, I now use .TK urls.
     
    05-24-2012, 04:38 AM
  #15
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Trail Trotters    
I used for many times 000Webhost.com for the web hosting and for the domain, I use to use Co.cc but Google don't show those in the search results anymore, I now use .TK urls.
The co.cc domains have a lot of spambots and fake antivirus programs (that load themselves on your computer and then extort a ransom from you in exchange for not erasing all your data) amongst them. The Google delisting affected 11 million websites that were engaged in those practices. I rather suspect that many operators of nefarious co.cc sites have migrated to top-level domains like the .tk that you use.

If I see odd and obscure top-level domains in a link, my first assumption is that it might be a malware-injector site even if it was originally launched as a legitimate business (websites like that can be and frequently are pirated). Odds are good that I won't click that link.

It really is a case of getting what you pay for. Going with a reputable company and a proper .com (or a .co.uk if you're in the UK, .com.au in Australia, and so on) is always worth it in the long run.
     
    06-07-2012, 07:07 AM
  #16
Foal
I'd like to download that music. That's perfect relaxation music!
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwesten    
I have been using two of these websites for a while. Mostly for game nerdy stuff but wix.com has improved soooo much over time and I love their tools and flash.

Here my own which I put together for a game I play. *yes I am a geek* I haven't used it for a long time as I don't play it but you get the idea anyhow.

Trinity Corporate Services | Wix.com

I am working on my own site for my self but still in the works.
     
    06-07-2012, 08:12 AM
  #17
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Granaas    
I'd like to download that music. That's perfect relaxation music!
Here the page to down load this. The Music from EVE-Online game and the track is called Red glowing Dust.

EVE Online | Download | Music

Or you can find more track songs by going to youtube first and type in EVE Online music.
     
    06-07-2012, 08:32 AM
  #18
Foal
That's awesome thanks northwestern
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwesten    
Here the page to down load this. The Music from EVE-Online game and the track is called Red glowing Dust.

EVE Online | Download | Music

Or you can find more track songs by going to youtube first and type in EVE Online music.
     
    06-18-2012, 01:07 PM
  #19
Weanling
I absoultuly LOVE weebly.com super easy and really cool check out my website I use it and its great
Equinegirl12.weebly.com
     
    06-18-2012, 01:08 PM
  #20
Weanling
Sry equinegirl.weebly.com
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Brooke hosts equine welfare Colloquium TheBrooke Horse Protection 0 10-27-2010 08:04 AM
Free Stable Website orloff Barn Maintenance 3 10-06-2010 06:43 PM
Here is my website .. Please feel free to give advice. heartlandstables Horse Talk 2 08-15-2008 11:20 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0