Admin: feel free to add it as a sticky
Here it is
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Netbook; 10” screen or less3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
B. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
C. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
D. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
E. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games or types of games?
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
11) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer?
a. WXGA – 1280x800 or occasionally 1280x768; For people who like big text and icons that are easy to read. Less stuff fits on the screen, which translates into more scrolling.12) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
B. WXGA+ – 1440x900; A modest bump over WXGA. Text and icons are a bit smaller. A little more stuff fits on the screen.
C. WSXGA+ – 1680x1050; The middle ground. Again, text and icons are smaller than WXGA+, and more stuff fits onto the screen. Good for having applications open side by side, like a web browser while playing a video.
D. WUXGA - 1920x1200; Very small text and icons, that can be hard to read. Lots of stuff fits on the screen, which means less scrolling. Good for applications that require a high level of detail like CAD or Photo Editing.
Build Quality and Design
13) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
14) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
15) How much hard drive space do you want; 80GB to 500GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
16) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?