how to shrink page margin on new computer
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Technology

how to shrink page margin on new computer

This is a discussion on how to shrink page margin on new computer within the Technology forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • How do shrink my browser on my laptop
  • Shrink page computer

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-13-2010, 06:30 PM
  #1
Yearling
how to shrink page margin on new computer

I got a new computer. My ancient one finally gave up the ghost. The edges of the new computer are too wide. In other words I can only see a third of the back arrow. I need to bring the margins in but only by a little. Any one know the trick? Thanks
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-14-2010, 12:56 AM
  #2
Yearling
Unless your window is maximized, it won't fit edge-to-edge, if you are talking about the web browser window. If it's not maximized, but stretched, it'll fit outside the window.
     
    02-14-2010, 11:58 AM
  #3
Yearling
Both my desktop and my web browser page are slightly too large. How would I go about maximizing my window if that is what I need to do?
     
    02-14-2010, 10:09 PM
  #4
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper    
both my desktop and my web browser page are slightly too large. How would I go about maximizing my window if that is what I need to do?
Then it's not a web browser issue like I first thought, but should be your screen resolution.
So if you are in XP go to start menu > control panel > display.
Vista, should be about the same.
Win7: minimize all windows > right click > resolution.
Adjust the settings, ie, I'm running 1280x800 widescreen, and everything fits to the window. =)
     
    02-15-2010, 01:43 PM
  #5
Yearling
I tried that, sigh, did not help. It turns out I had to reinstall the monitor I use on the computer. It did not come with one. The monitor installed on it was the one they were using at the store where they transferred my info. I am not enjoying having a new computer. Sigh again.
     
    02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper    
I tried that, sigh, did not help. It turns out I had to reinstall the monitor I use on the computer. It did not come with one. The monitor installed on it was the one they were using at the store where they transferred my info. I am not enjoying having a new computer. Sigh again.
I'm sorry that didn't help. =( Sounds like your computer is giving you a run for your money. =( I take it it is fixed now? =)
     
    02-15-2010, 02:11 PM
  #7
Yearling
The margin problem is fixed but two of my programs are still not running. Hoping to get that figured out today. I have a lot of work related stuff on my computer which is the cause of most of the grief.
     
    02-15-2010, 08:40 PM
  #8
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper    
the margin problem is fixed but two of my programs are still not running. Hoping to get that figured out today. I have a lot of work related stuff on my computer which is the cause of most of the grief.
Ouch! There are quite a number of reasons that programs wouldn't be working...anything from program directories being deleted, to file corruption, to driver corruption, the possibilities are many. I've been fighting misbehaving programs recently myself, I sympathize.
I hope you get it figured out soon. =)
     
    02-16-2010, 10:08 AM
  #9
Yearling
Thanks. It is still not totally up and running. Gotta pour more money into it. Sigh.
     
    02-16-2010, 04:20 PM
  #10
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper    
thanks. It is still not totally up and running. Gotta pour more money into it. Sigh.
What's going on with it still? A new computer shouldn't have a whole lot of issues right off the bat.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to shrink pic of horse missy45690 Horse Health 5 04-25-2008 07:55 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0