Halters on or off? - Page 5
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Trail Riding

Halters on or off?

This is a discussion on Halters on or off? within the Trail Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Halters off outside
  • Rope halter under bridle underwear

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-04-2008, 09:11 PM
  #41
Foal
RIDEING WITH A HALTER ON THE HORSE UNDER THE BRIDLE IS LIKE WEARING YOUR UNDERWEAR ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PANTS IT JUST AINT RIGHT HEHE Dave
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
  #42
Yearling
Off =)
     
    12-05-2008, 03:35 PM
  #43
Foal
Halters on or off

As I said rideing with a halter on is like wearing your underwear on the outside of you pants, that was said by a wonderful man and horse gentler from wyoming Buck Brannaman and I do believe it with all my heart , But I also carry a rope halter and lead rope with me when I ride, I make it a habit of putting one in my saddle bags. Or tie one to my saddle. But I do cheat and on 3 of my horses I ride with a neck rope on them. Due to the fact that they can be contary at times on the trail. A friend of mine has put a ring on her english saddle to tie a rope halter on to it as well. But I also carry a set of hopples on my saddle with me . I have all my rideing stock broke to hobble so I can get off and rest or take a nap if I want and when I get ready to get aboard my horse is still where I left him. And yes there have been times when a horse has broke loose or an accident has happened and I've needed to catch a runaway and with the halter and rope on my saddle im ready if the need arrises. And the neck rope I use is for the trick rideing I have found my self doing out on the trail and in the front yard. When for some dumb reason a horse decides to leave from under my butt at the most embarraseing times I then need the rope and when asked I tell the little whit lie that im practiceing my trick rideing . I can usually get by with that one at least till I get the sore rubbed off my bottom and figure out what the heck I was doing when the horse left me sitting up in the air with no saddle or chair under me. ( no im not a trick rider ) there are some days its just a good trick to stay in my saddle on some of theses young horses
     
    12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
  #44
Foal
If I am going out on the trails I leave it on you just never know when it could come in handy. At home or in the ring I take it off.
     
    12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
  #45
Showing
If I know I'm going to have to do some trail clearing or take a lunch break, I'll ride with a rope halter under my bridle. I liken it to a Mecate but with a bit.
     
    12-09-2008, 03:38 PM
  #46
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave    
As I said rideing with a halter on is like wearing your underwear on the outside of you pants, that was said by a wonderful man and horse gentler from wyoming Buck Brannaman and I do believe it with all my heart , But I also carry a rope halter and lead rope with me when I ride, I make it a habit of putting one in my saddle bags. Or tie one to my saddle. But I do cheat and on 3 of my horses I ride with a neck rope on them. Due to the fact that they can be contary at times on the trail. A friend of mine has put a ring on her english saddle to tie a rope halter on to it as well. But I also carry a set of hopples on my saddle with me . I have all my rideing stock broke to hobble so I can get off and rest or take a nap if I want and when I get ready to get aboard my horse is still where I left him. And yes there have been times when a horse has broke loose or an accident has happened and I've needed to catch a runaway and with the halter and rope on my saddle im ready if the need arrises. And the neck rope I use is for the trick rideing I have found my self doing out on the trail and in the front yard. When for some dumb reason a horse decides to leave from under my butt at the most embarraseing times I then need the rope and when asked I tell the little whit lie that im practiceing my trick rideing . I can usually get by with that one at least till I get the sore rubbed off my bottom and figure out what the heck I was doing when the horse left me sitting up in the air with no saddle or chair under me. ( no im not a trick rider ) there are some days its just a good trick to stay in my saddle on some of theses young horses
love your sense of humor, Dave!!
     
    12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
  #47
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave    
RIDEING WITH A HALTER ON THE HORSE UNDER THE BRIDLE IS LIKE WEARING YOUR UNDERWEAR ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PANTS IT JUST AINT RIGHT HEHE Dave
Hey I like wearing my underwear on the outside. Its stays cleaner that way
     
    12-10-2008, 06:13 PM
  #48
Foal
Thumbs up halters on or off //(underwear outside )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidaloco    
Hey I like wearing my underwear on the outside. Its stays cleaner that way
Dang girl you could be dangerous im sure and I have a feeling that when they get you and your other half together you folks are a blast to be around , but anyway if it keeps them cleaner then go for it hahahahehehe I was looking at some pictures from out your way today a friend took them while he was delivering a horse for me and it makes me want to load up a couple horses and head your way for a week just do nothing but ride and site see gosh its pretty out in the flint hills Dave
     
    12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
  #49
Foal
After her headstall breaking sunday when we tried ponying her across the water I am going to start keeping her halter on while riding.
     
    12-17-2008, 06:42 PM
  #50
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidaloco    
Hey I like wearing my underwear on the outside. Its stays cleaner that way
OK, then, now I'm worried about your pants.

I ride with my halter off. I'd certainly think that it'd be uncomfortable to have the halter under the bridle. It could also be compared to wearing two pairs of pant. Do you wear two pairs of pants too, Vidaloco?
     

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0