looking for opinions on Toklat Coolback saddle pads
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Trail Riding

looking for opinions on Toklat Coolback saddle pads

This is a discussion on looking for opinions on Toklat Coolback saddle pads within the Trail Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Toklat coolback pad review
  • Woolback vs coolback pads

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
  #1
Weanling
looking for opinions on Toklat Coolback saddle pads

Here is the english AP one I'm considering:
Toklat Coolback XL All Purpose Saddle Pad Contoured

Does anyone own and/or use one of these (or one of the western or Aussie ones)? Do you like it? Does your horse?

My horse and I don't got on trail rides that are hours and hours long and we certainly aren't competing in endurance rides, but because he's older I'm wondering if he might appreciate the cushy-ness of one of these pads.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-03-2013, 12:33 PM
  #2
Yearling
I have used Toklat cool backs for years and been happy with them.
The most important thing is to make sure you have a good saddle fit.
     
    10-03-2013, 02:10 PM
  #3
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbunny    
I have used Toklat cool backs for years and been happy with them.
The most important thing is to make sure you have a good saddle fit.
Thank you, Dustbunny. My saddle fits my horse well, but I am just wondering if he'd enjoy some extra cushioning. You know, like the difference between wearing sneakers and dress pumps. I own a nice pair of comfy well-fitting dress pumps, but they'll never be as comfy as a pair of sneakers.
     
    10-03-2013, 02:30 PM
  #4
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMI    
Thank you, Dustbunny. My saddle fits my horse well, but I am just wondering if he'd enjoy some extra cushioning. You know, like the difference between wearing sneakers and dress pumps. I own a nice pair of comfy well-fitting dress pumps, but they'll never be as comfy as a pair of sneakers.
At my quick glance though, that pad looks very thick. If you truly do have a well-fitting saddle, make sure that the addition of a really thick pad won't alter the fit! Adding really thick socks to your well fitting dress pumps would make them less comfortable, not more!
     
    10-03-2013, 03:42 PM
  #5
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckDodgers    
At my quick glance though, that pad looks very thick. If you truly do have a well-fitting saddle, make sure that the addition of a really thick pad won't alter the fit! Adding really thick socks to your well fitting dress pumps would make them less comfortable, not more!
Also an excellent point. I guess there is no way to know without trying it. Good thing it's Riding Warehouse and they offer free returns.
     
    10-03-2013, 06:10 PM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMI    
Also an excellent point. I guess there is no way to know without trying it. Good thing it's Riding Warehouse and they offer free returns.
Yeah, you never know how thick a pad is until you actually get your hands on it. And sometimes they compress a lot under the saddle, so you'll just have to see...

If his saddle fits properly and he doesn't have any particular issues, then he would probably be fine as he is. I've heard great things about thinline and am contemplating getting one myself, so that may be something to consider if you want to have peace of mind without affecting saddle fit.
     
    10-03-2013, 11:55 PM
  #7
Weanling
I have three toklat and I love them. They hold up well to use, but they are a little thick
     
    10-08-2013, 09:06 AM
  #8
Foal
Woolback

I love my Toklat Woolback. I prefer natural fibers over synthetic. Is there a reason you want Coolback vs Woolback? IMO the Woolback is better for heat dissipation, cushions better, and stays where you put it. The Coolback is very nice compared to other synthetics though, but you can't beat real natural fibers.
     
    10-08-2013, 11:58 AM
  #9
Yearling
We have multiple Toklat woolback pads and love them.

I agree with TOH though, that I prefer the natural wool versus the synthetic when given the choice.
     
    10-09-2013, 01:39 AM
  #10
Yearling
Strangely enough I have a little more to add to this thread now :P

I got what a seller referred to as the "ugly white fluffy pad" for free when I ordered a couple of other items, and it turns out that it's a Toklat CoolBack pad, like listed. It looks super old and well-used (I guess ugly describes it, but I don't mind!), but it looks to have held up well to all of the abuse that its seen. It's also at least a couple of inches thick, just so you know. Unfortunately probably too thick for me to get much use out of it, but you can't beat the price of free...

Ok so I didn't add much, but I thought it was a kind of funny coincidence.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toklat Pads jillybean19 Endurance Riding 11 03-01-2013 10:53 AM
Opinions on Western Saddle Pads Tessa7707 Horse Tack and Equipment 7 01-25-2013 09:01 PM
Microsuede Saddle Pad by toklat????? honeyloaf72 Horse Tack and Equipment 2 07-31-2012 03:27 PM
FS: BNWOT Toklat Coolback Barrel/Endurance/Arabian/Australian Saddle Pad. Low Price! silverdollarmagic Tack and Equipment Classifieds 4 02-05-2012 08:51 PM
Opinions on Toklat Woolback girths? WalnutPixie Horse Tack Reviews 0 12-31-2011 08:55 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0