So bored. Need friends. Need horsey friends. D: - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Trail Riding

So bored. Need friends. Need horsey friends. D:

This is a discussion on So bored. Need friends. Need horsey friends. D: within the Trail Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree11Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-16-2011, 09:33 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    Thank you I will have to try those things! I have had accidents so I am a little afraid to ride alone
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-16-2011, 09:52 PM
      #12
    Green Broke
    I guess I'm a pretty lucky man. I ride with my best friend every weekend.

    She's my wife of 27 years......

    If you ever make it to Tennessee, we'd be happy to ride with you.
         
        11-16-2011, 10:10 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    Aw that's so sweet! I am happy for you. I have been to Memphis and Germantown. My dad grew up in Memphis. :)
         
        11-16-2011, 10:19 PM
      #14
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gunslinger    
    I guess I'm a pretty lucky man. I ride with my best friend every weekend.

    She's my wife of 27 years......

    If you ever make it to Tennessee, we'd be happy to ride with you.

    I am a lucky woman, ride with my husband of 32 yrs. OP, let us know if you find anyone, would to know if you found a riding partner.
         
        11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
      #15
    Trained
    Man I hear ya. Around here in AR there is a local ladies riding group, TWH's though and I don't want my QH? Going at those paces to keep up. I live 45 miles from town, nearest neighbor is 80 years old and 7 miles away, can't ride anymore, and our trailer is a gooseneck and we just sold the truck. My husband won't let me ride alone anymore, I've been riding endurance and trails alone since I was 11! So I'm stuck. Ask your vet, I learned about the TWH group from his assistant, maybe yours will know of some in your area. I trail ride with my hub when I can but now DLS is ruining everything. So yard training and pasture for me... GOOD LUCK!
         
        11-17-2011, 03:37 PM
      #16
    Yearling
    No havent found one yet :( I am going to keep looking though
         
        11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
      #17
    Weanling
    Do you keep your horse at home? Or board? Are there any barns around your area with boarders? Maybe you could swing by a few, post some notes or just chat with the barn folk. I bet there are loads of people in your shoes who just don't know where to look for a riding buddy. I moved barns to find riding buddies, and then me and one of my riding friends moved to a new barn together right next to a park with loads of trails, there we have met yet more people who want us to ride with them.

    I think it's mostly just about going and looking anywhere you can think of.

    Good luck!
         
        11-21-2011, 08:47 PM
      #18
    Yearling
    I live outside of Wichita Falls, just about 150 west of you. Grasslands would be about mid way, I'd love to meet up with people to ride there, and have had several opportunities lately.... But I can't get my stubborn dadgum horse in the horse trailer!!!! Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More that's a FB page for N. Texas rides, people post on there fairly often, want a partner to ride, and there are several in DFW area! Maybe you can find someone there.... And, I'll hollar if I can ever get her into the trailer....and out... then in.... you know what I mean.
         
        11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nuisance    
    I live outside of Wichita Falls, just about 150 west of you. Grasslands would be about mid way, I'd love to meet up with people to ride there, and have had several opportunities lately.... But I can't get my stubborn dadgum horse in the horse trailer!!!! Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More that's a FB page for N. Texas rides, people post on there fairly often, want a partner to ride, and there are several in DFW area! Maybe you can find someone there.... And, I'll hollar if I can ever get her into the trailer....and out... then in.... you know what I mean.
    lol my parents go to lbj but I've never been there. I would love to ride there. I will have to use my friend's trailer. She works a lot. She is the only horse person around here and is gone most of the time. I don't have a face book.
         
        11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
      #20
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phoenix    
    Do you keep your horse at home? Or board? Are there any barns around your area with boarders? Maybe you could swing by a few, post some notes or just chat with the barn folk. I bet there are loads of people in your shoes who just don't know where to look for a riding buddy. I moved barns to find riding buddies, and then me and one of my riding friends moved to a new barn together right next to a park with loads of trails, there we have met yet more people who want us to ride with them.

    I think it's mostly just about going and looking anywhere you can think of.

    Good luck!
    i board at a guy's house down the road. Not a barn or anything. He doesnt ride a lot because he works like 60 hours a week and he is old. Not a lot of barns around here. The ones I know of are Bryn Melyn, Candlelight Farms, and some place in Godley. I just gotta keep looking maybe I will post ads.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Anybody ride in NOrth Dakota? Trails Trail Riding 11 06-25-2011 11:57 AM
    Riding North Trail at IAH and Cypress Creek in Humble, Texas QOS Trail Riding 0 11-21-2010 09:00 PM
    They wanna ride... Iíll let them ride! Britt Horse Pictures 10 06-12-2010 09:20 PM
    Greetings for North Texas TXHorseLaw Meet the Community 8 11-25-2008 06:25 PM
    Anybody from Oklahoma/North Texas, or Cleveland, OH areas? NoFear526 Meet the Community 5 10-17-2008 10:47 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0