Well PunksTank, I am very guilty of bringing a crop on trail rides, but only because my horse wont listen when I kick.. but the way I see it, a person can't out run a cantering horse, and who says I wouldnt use it on them first?
!! It is something to think about though..
Adding to the list:
- RIDE IN PAIRS!!! Safety in numbers people!
- helmet always
- ride only on trails that you know or that are easy to follow and marked. The last thing you want is to get lost in the woods
- wear bright colors to be seen easily by other riders or hunters if it is hunting season
- I don't personally carry a whistle, but I would be helpful it you were separated
- if the trail looks unsafe, do not continue on that trail
This will be a useful thread