But if/when I lease/rent this horse, I'm wanting to do a lot of trail riding to prepare myself for endurance racing in the spring with a different horse (I'll end up leasing that horse before the actual races and all).
I'll be riding ALONE, but it'll be through villages and farms, so it's not like I'll be out in the middle of nowhere. I'll be riding on concrete, asphalt, and dirt roads/paths. Here are the things I'll be bringing with me EVERY time:
1. Helmet (I'll be wearing it)
2. Mobile phone (it's always in my pants pocket)
3. Bag with:
a) water bottle
b) extra lead rope
c) basic first aid kit
d) my small camera (for pics... DUH)
4. A large towel/piece of cloth for various reasons
Here are my QUESTIONS:
1. What kind of bag should I use since saddle bags aren't an option? (something I can either clip to the saddle or have one me)
2. Is there anything else I should bring... just in case?
3. Seeing as I'll be riding in the autumn, as it's getting cold, what kind of clothes should I be wearing?
4. What kinds of precautions should I take? I'll be gone for around an hour to two hours per day...
And... well... any tips that ANYBODY might have about this... well... they'd be welcomed and accepted.