What do y'all wear when you trail ride? - Page 4
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Trail Riding

What do y'all wear when you trail ride?

This is a discussion on What do y'all wear when you trail ride? within the Trail Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree30Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-10-2013, 09:16 AM
      #31
    Started
    Quote:
    Just a head's up..the word is "voila," not "walla."
    Not where im from
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-10-2013, 09:17 AM
      #32
    Yearling
    Shorts or no shorts, Personally I don't think it makes a difference unless you put on chaps or chinks if you need the protection


    But then we often try and squeeze through some narrow spots.


    Since we just move higher up the mountain as the summer heat arrives, It seems we always have several layers on or tied behind the cantle on the saddle.
    bsms, LouieThePalomino and Sereno like this.
         
        05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
      #33
    Green Broke
    That hat looks about broke in like my leather hat. I'll try to remember a pic of it this evening.
    Sereno likes this.
         
        05-10-2013, 09:28 AM
      #34
    Weanling
    The barn I ride at has a pasture that is 50-60 acers with trails that run threw the back, my friend and I wanted to spend the afternoon riding threw the trails so I went bareback, barefoot and in yoga pants
    QOS likes this.
         
        05-10-2013, 10:05 AM
      #35
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Painted Horse    
    Shorts or no shorts, Personally I don't think it makes a difference unless you put on chaps or chinks if you need the protection


    But then we often try and squeeze through some narrow spots.


    Since we just move higher up the mountain as the summer heat arrives, It seems we always have several layers on or tied behind the cantle on the saddle.
    wow that cut looks painful I've had some nasty scrapes from trees and fences but nothing as bad as that. But it looks so cool to ride there! Those rocks are awesome
         
        05-10-2013, 10:56 AM
      #36
    Trained
    I used to ride in breeches, 1/2 chaps, trophy vest or oilskin depending on the weather, if hot, a western tank top (panhandle slim or Rock & Roll cowgirl have some really nice ones), and if western, I liked Q baby jeans, the popular brands, RR Cowgirl, Missme's, I save for streetwear. However, I found these Horka's on sale, I use them for both english & western, they have stirrups for under your ankles so they don't bunch if you wear tall boots for english but fit high enough for western boots as well.

    Lifting up the cuff to show how the stirrup part comes down under the ankle:
    LouieThePalomino and Roadyy like this.
         
        05-10-2013, 11:00 AM
      #37
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waresbear    
    I used to ride in breeches, 1/2 chaps, trophy vest or oilskin depending on the weather, if hot, a western tank top (panhandle slim or Rock & Roll cowgirl have some really nice ones), and if western, I liked Q baby jeans, the popular brands, RR Cowgirl, Missme's, I save for streetwear. However, I found these Horka's on sale, I use them for both english & western, they have stirrups for under your ankles so they don't bunch if you wear tall boots for english but fit high enough for western boots as well.

    Lifting up the cuff to show how the stirrup part comes down under the ankle:

    Oooh I like those jeans lol I was looking at some of these: Goode Rider - Jean Cargo Full Seat



    I really love the bit design on those! I'm going to have to hoard my money so I can buy a pair lol
         
        05-10-2013, 11:09 AM
      #38
    Trained
    I really love those however that is more than I'd be willing to spend, pricey! I alway hit the sales rack at every tackstore I come across, picked up the Horka's for half price, $60.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        05-10-2013, 11:16 AM
      #39
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waresbear    
    I really love those however that is more than I'd be willing to spend, pricey! I alway hit the sales rack at every tackstore I come across, picked up the Horka's for half price, $60.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yeah, I'm going to try and find some that are on sale, or buy some from Dover Saddlery which is a bit cheaper.
         
        05-10-2013, 11:23 AM
      #40
    Weanling
    And then I found this shirt Riding Warehouse Women's Eat Sleep Ride T-Shirt



    Rofl that's the story of my life right there
    newbierider, waresbear and Sereno like this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    3rd ANNUAL TRAIL OF HEARTS 2013 BENEFIT HORSE TRAIL RIDE jsampsonccs Trail Riding 0 12-26-2012 10:16 AM
    Poll-Do you wear a helmet when you ride? Thoro Horse Riding 43 06-29-2012 08:27 PM
    What to wear for a ride and tie? livestoride Endurance Riding 7 05-24-2012 05:44 PM
    My brother's first trail ride :P (and ride) Zab Trail Riding 3 07-30-2009 02:24 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0