Apparently We Have A Western Rider Now - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Western Riding > Western Pleasure

Apparently We Have A Western Rider Now

This is a discussion on Apparently We Have A Western Rider Now within the Western Pleasure forums, part of the Western Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-25-2011, 02:01 AM
      #31
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hunter65    
    lol you call it a stock saddle cus you are IN Australia. We call em aussies over here

    Haha true

    This is a bit off track but I don't get why they are called aussie saddles I mean I've never heard anyone call a western saddle an american saddle.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-25-2011, 10:32 AM
      #32
    Trained
    Because in America, "stock saddle" implies a western saddle. Australian stock saddles are simply called Australian or Aussie saddles because Australian is needed to differentiate from a western stock saddle, and stock is dropped as redundant.
         
        03-25-2011, 11:47 AM
      #33
    Yearling
    All I want is a simple answer. Can some one tell me what posting means. Thanks.
         
        03-25-2011, 04:54 PM
      #34
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsms    
    Because in America, "stock saddle" implies a western saddle. Australian stock saddles are simply called Australian or Aussie saddles because Australian is needed to differentiate from a western stock saddle, and stock is dropped as redundant.
    thanks that cleared it up
         
        03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
      #35
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HopalongCassidy    
    All I want is a simple answer. Can some one tell me what posting means. Thanks.
    posting is when a rider rises and falls in the saddle in acompanyment with the horse's rythm at a trot. It makes the trot MUCH nicer to ride, as you don't plop up and down, and is nicer on the horses back for that same fact. Usually it is seen as an English thing, however, as we are discussing here, many Western riders do it as well.

         
        05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
      #36
    Foal
    Just saying. Arena events can define the western riding horse. For example reining, a quick thinking horse. Cuting, a horse with cow sense. I think its called ranch remuda, ranch sorting etc all come from ranches and define what they do out on the true ranch remudas
         
        05-17-2011, 06:26 PM
      #37
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAsamone    
    posting is when a rider rises and falls in the saddle in acompanyment with the horse's rythm at a trot. It makes the trot MUCH nicer to ride, as you don't plop up and down, and is nicer on the horses back for that same fact. Usually it is seen as an English thing, however, as we are discussing here, many Western riders do it as well.

    YouTube - Riding Technique: The Basics of Posting
    That video was very helpful to me! Thanks for posting it.
         
        05-20-2011, 12:53 PM
      #38
    Weanling
    No problem at all, I'm glad you liked it :)
         
        05-21-2011, 05:45 PM
      #39
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsms    
    Western riding is not based in an arena, but on the ranch. .... Trail riding is a truer form of western riding than western pleasure or reining.
    Where is the like button? Lol
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Critique western rider KateS Horse Riding Critique 26 03-01-2011 08:52 AM
    English Saddle for Western Rider? trailhorserider Horse Tack and Equipment 8 01-18-2011 10:01 AM
    HELP! (English-western horse and rider) Angel5000 Jumping 20 03-31-2010 07:48 PM
    Best Western and English horse and rider! Tasia Horse Contests 11 03-03-2010 09:49 PM
    Help! Western rider going English for a day equiniphile English Riding 22 03-02-2010 07:54 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0