Originally Posted by misskingraven
Well, I am new to western pleasure, and I was thinking of doing some small shows later on in the year so I have a couple of questions!
Keep in mind that this is really low level stuff, not anything fancy and high up there
1) Do the WP horses in small classes have to do the 'peanut roller' thing they do it high up classes? I am not sure if that is the right word for it too :O Actually, The peanut rolling is "out". The rule is to move in a froward motion.
2) What if your horse does not neck rein, can you do it 2 handed? (I am teaching my horse how to neck rein right now) If your horse is 5 or below you can ride 2 handed with a snaffle
3) Do I need super nice saddles with the silver on them for starting out, or will my roping saddle work? Nope. A good judge will not fault you for not having "show" tack although show attire should fit show rules I.e. Boots and hats.
4) How low does the horses head have to be? level with withers, just below or just above is ok
5) Are there special bits involved in the small horse shows? Most shows follow USET rules. But check your show billet.