Why is this desired in western pleasure? - Page 6 - The Horse Forum
 151Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bucharest, Romania. Eastern Europe
Posts: 1,079
• Horses: 1
inaclick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 406
• Horses: 1
What exactly do you do with your horses, inaclick? You seem to have a rather broad dislike for the higher levels of most disciplines (from western pleasure to dressage, with an odd tangent to take an unnecessary swipe at Paso Finos), which makes me wonder what actually meets your standards of appropriateness and pleasantness. Is mediocrity the only thing that's acceptable to you for any horse of any discipline?
GotaDunQH and spurstop like this.
DraftXDressage is offline  
post #53 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 504
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaclick View Post
It still looks much less strange than this, though

Paso Fino 2004 National Fino Stallions - YouTube
Yeah horse tap dancing lol just kidding. I think the grays were rocking it the best

I love having the discussion about different types of riding and I really don't see why people get worked up about other people not appreciating the beauty of their sport. That is how people learn things, I mean how would I have learned that there is a sport for tripping horses out there and then went on to form my own opinion about it.
chandra1313 is offline  
post #54 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 504
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftXDressage View Post
What exactly do you do with your horses, inaclick? You seem to have a rather broad dislike for the higher levels of most disciplines (from western pleasure to dressage, with an odd tangent to take an unnecessary swipe at Paso Finos), which makes me wonder what actually meets your standards of appropriateness and pleasantness. Is mediocrity the only thing that's acceptable to you for any horse of any discipline?

I don't know if you have noticed but it sounds like you are being critical of the fact that some people don't compete and maybe they just ride their horses. I just ride my horses and I don't consider that to be just mediocrity.
chandra1313 is offline  
post #55 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1313 View Post
Yeah horse tap dancing lol just kidding. I think the grays were rocking it the best

I love having the discussion about different types of riding and I really don't see why people get worked up about other people not appreciating the beauty of their sport. That is how people learn things, I mean how would I have learned that there is a sport for tripping horses out there and then went on to form my own opinion about it.
Ok this is really funny, because you then go on to say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1313 View Post
I don't know if you have noticed but it sounds like you are being critical of the fact that some people don't compete and maybe they just ride their horses. I just ride my horses and I don't consider that to be just mediocrity.
You don't see, huh?
GotaDunQH likes this.
GoAppendix is offline  
post #56 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 406
• Horses: 1
Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. I asked if that particular poster only approved of mediocrity because s/he was bashing a wide array of disciplines at their top levels. If one doesn't like the highest levels of anything, mediocrity is about all about all that's left (unless a person is in favor of doing things poorly, but I just assumed that wasn't the case). That has nothing to do with whether or not a person shows, so I'm not sure why you've chosen to read that into my words.
DraftXDressage is offline  
post #57 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,425
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1313 View Post
Yeah horse tap dancing lol just kidding. I think the grays were rocking it the best

I love having the discussion about different types of riding and I really don't see why people get worked up about other people not appreciating the beauty of their sport. That is how people learn things, I mean how would I have learned that there is a sport for tripping horses out there and then went on to form my own opinion about it.

Most likely because 99 times out of 100 it's the way these disciplines get criticized and stereotyped BIG time, by people who have absolutely no clue and really don't want to learn. They would rather, and sometimes very rudely....make observations AND accusations. Like...ooh that poor has probably had it's face yanked to death to get it to look like that. Now if THAT is not blatant stereotyping and profiling then I don't know what is. It's like saying any African-American who doesn't have a "real" job must be a thief or drug dealer.
GotaDunQH is offline  
post #58 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 9,429
• Horses: 11
Those little Pasos have some busy feet, don't they? HAAAAAH! One of these days, I want to ride one and see what they feel like. I understand they are SMOOOOOOOOTH! Guess that's another one for my 'bucket' list.
GotaDunQH likes this.

Dreamcatcher Arabians is online now  
post #59 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vidor, Texas
Posts: 2,802
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingArabian View Post
They seem to be very nice WP horses.

Different disciplines look for different things though. What's awesome in WP would make some people concerned if their own horses were doing it -- and vice versa! Can you imagine if a WP poneh started trying to move like a Dressage poneh? People would wonder what's wrong! And if a Dressage horse started loping like that, many people would think their horse was lame.

I disagree, I expect my show horses to do dressage and western pleasure! They do and do it well. I train using dressage because it helps in the western pleasure. Heck, I may even take up a little barrel racing for fun (I doubt my Arabs could catch a QH, though!!).
GotaDunQH likes this.
gigem88 is offline  
post #60 of 148 Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,441
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaclick View Post
It still looks much less strange than this, though

Paso Fino 2004 National Fino Stallions - YouTube
Have you ever actually ridden a Paso? I've ridden them for years, and I'm not sure why or how you can make wild accusations that it's "strange-looking." The gaits are completely natural for these horses; their Largo is ground-covering and has been bred into these horses to make for a smooth ride over long distances. It's no different from showing a dressage trotting horse in Piaffe and Passage for show. The high-stepping Corto or Passage aren't suitable for conserving energy over long distances, but it's used in show. Pasos CAN and DO step out when asked, but the highly collected Corto is appreciated in showing.

Tell me, what do you actually no about Pasos?
equiniphile is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Western Pleasure...? QHriderKE Horse Riding 177 02-05-2012 01:23 PM
Halter, Western Pleasure, Western Horsemanship kaykat31 Horse Showmanship 6 09-01-2011 04:54 PM
Western Pleasure girl_on_black_pony Western Riding 0 08-09-2008 05:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome