02-06-2013, 09:18 AM
| || |
Here is an example......these patterns are different from the typical NRHA ones.....seem easier. I am thinking just a stop without a slide too.......will be doable, especially since I typically do not have sliders on my guy, and most places around me are reiner wanna be's......so the footing is not safe to slide on most places. Shoot-these patterns don't even say fast or slow circles-guess it is whatever speed I choose......lol
Ranch Reining Pattern #4
HORSES MAY WALK OR TROT TO THE CENTER
ARENA. HORSES MUST WALK OR STOP PRIOR TO
STARTING THE PATTERN. BEGINNING AT THE CENTER OF THE ARENA FACING THE LEFT WALL OR FENCE.
1. Begin at center of arena, facing right wall or fence. Take a right lead
And complete a circle to the right, away from the judge.
2. At the center of arena, change leads and do two circles to the left,
Approximately the same size.
3. At the center of arena, change leads.
4. Go to the end of arena and without stopping or breaking gait, run
Down the center of arena past end marker.
5. Do a square stop. Hesitate.
6. Do 2½ spins to the right.
7. Run the full length of the arena past the end marker and do a square
8. Do 2½ spins to the left.
9. Run past center marker of arena, do a square stop.
10. Back to the center of arena (10-15 foot).
11. Do a 360-degree spin to the right or left.
12. Do a 360-degree spin opposite direction taken in #11.
13. Hesitate to show completion of pattern.