It's this kind of stuff that I just don't understand... - Page 22 - The Horse Forum
 375Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 88
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorrelHorse View Post
I say my opiion because you are not the only person reading this thread. I do not direct everything at you because some people could also benefit from what we have to say.

I don't see where I ever called you a name but thanks for the accusation....
"miss butterfly kisses", a term I didn't even bring into this. Implying that I think horses are all rainbows and sunshine. It's meant to be snarky, and that's fine.
AshleyCL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,132
• Horses: 0
Would love to have you answer my question...
NdAppy is offline  
post #213 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: southern Arizona
Posts: 9,049
• Horses: 4
BTW - just checked on my daughter-in-law riding our little mustang. 100 lb gal using leg for turns. Slack in the rein. Best I've seen Cowboy behave in the 4 months we've had him...

"People can teach us the rules, but only horses can teach us the art of riding."
bsms is offline  
post #214 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 88
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NdAppy View Post
Would love to have you answer my question...
I don't need a trainer to ride my horse, and no one rides him without me there. The techniques I use work just fine.
AshleyCL is offline  
post #215 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,083
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorrelHorse View Post
I say my opiion because you are not the only person reading this thread. I do not direct everything at you because some people could also benefit from what we have to say.

I don't see where I ever called you a name but thanks for the accusation....
We may be a bit sensitive-we are used to butterflies, you know........

**Apologies ahead of time-I am tired of people who do not ride reiners, and only see the "super soft" that is on the show ring.....give their "opinions. THey have NO CLUE what it takes to actually GET there.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #216 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ashland, OR
Posts: 8,248
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyCL View Post
I don't need a trainer to ride my horse, and no one rides him without me there. The techniques I use work just fine.
Soooo you have never had a trainer to teach you how to train, or you just got too good for one, or what...?

Pssh.I didn't pick up the wrong lead
It's called a counter canter...
...A very advanced maneuver.
SorrelHorse is offline  
post #217 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 88
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
We may be a bit sensitive-we are used to butterflies, you know........

**Apologies ahead of time-I am tired of people who do not ride reiners, and only see the "super soft" that is on the show ring.....give their "opinions. THey have NO CLUE what it takes to actually GET there.
Fabulous. Great that you believe that. I don't agree with it and it's the last time I'm going to defend my opinion, which I am completely entitled to. I don't know what's confusing about that.
Taffy Clayton and RoosHuman like this.
AshleyCL is offline  
post #218 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ashland, OR
Posts: 8,248
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyCL View Post
Fabulous. Great that you believe that. I don't agree with it and it's the last time I'm going to defend my opinion, which I am completely entitled to. I don't know what's confusing about that.
You are totally entitled to your opinion. I don't see whats so hard to understand about the fact that we aren't all posting for YOUR benefit, we're posting for the benefit of everyone who will ever read this thread.
franknbeans likes this.

Pssh.I didn't pick up the wrong lead
It's called a counter canter...
...A very advanced maneuver.
SorrelHorse is offline  
post #219 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 88
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorrelHorse View Post
Soooo you have never had a trainer to teach you how to train, or you just got too good for one, or what...?
I board WITH a trainer, and I've been learning under other trainers for the last ten years. She still doesn't need to ride my horse, because I know what to do. I never said to be too good for any help, and I certainly don't claim to know everything...all I said was that I disagree with this method.
AshleyCL is offline  
post #220 of 296 Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,169
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorrelHorse View Post
Soooo you have never had a trainer to teach you how to train, or you just got too good for one, or what...?
Not everyone needs a trainer or wants one!
Tianimalz likes this.
Taffy Clayton is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Had to tell someone who would understand! sierrams1123 Horse Talk 6 12-30-2011 11:39 PM
Western stuff Need To Sale! NEW STUFF ADDED 10/9 BlackAmethyst Tack and Equipment Classifieds 11 10-12-2009 01:06 PM
Horse stuff for sale!! Take a look i am moving and this stuff needs to go!!! shermanismybaby3006 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 9 09-17-2009 11:17 PM
Saddle and Tack For Sale/Trade + wanted stuff *more stuff* Chicalove Tack and Equipment Classifieds 2 09-14-2009 10:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome