She'll need a new pair for the summer, as she outgrew her last year's boots.
Her last non-winter boots were those: Ariat Heritage Zip III | DRB0064 | Greenhawk
I figured she could continue riding in the same style (am I correct?) but I decided to look up what's available in the Western Boots in Ariat. And Wow! So many different names and types! Besides, I don't want to spend more than I was spending on a comparable English boot, which was $150 tops.
I have never seen any of the Western boots in an actual store, only on-line or at fairs (and they didn't seem to be good quality).
1. Can she / should she keep on riding in her English paddock boots because she's used to them? There will be some local training shows in the summer. Is the type of the boot important?
2. How do Western Boots fit and feel differently compared to English paddock boots? She has wide feet, and is very picky about what is comfortable. She's also size adult 7.
3. I read here that the Fatbaby boots aren't a good choice, but they seem the ones that are wider? Are they wider? Why aren't they a good choice?
4. How do you buy boots if you can't try them on???
5. Is Ariat the best brand? What else is decent quality for a child taking lessons / doing small shows and not too expensive?
5. Also, if she does a training show, can she wear just a regular button down shirt? And how a "western shirt" from an equestrian store might be different?
Thank you in advance.