I entered in some shows at a local fair that is in about a month.
Some things I would like to know:
1. In western pleasure, does someone yell out at us what to do, or is there a pattern?
2. In a trail class, do we normally get the pattern before the show, so we can memorize it?
3. I am entering in command class, trail and western pleasure and costume. Should I keep her mane natural? (her mane isn't long or thick to start, and it takes forever to grow. It doesn't go below her neck.)
4. When trailering her to the show (about 1 hour in trailer both ways), should she be wearing shipping boots or other protection? (I have no experience with trailering horses)
5. Where can I buy bright pink hoof polish!? LOL (for the costume contest)
Thanks so much for any tips or help regarding showing. Doesn't necessarily have to answer my questions, just general tips and advice for showing a horse. (I have never been in a horse show before.)