Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: middle of nowhere
Yes, you want a coat/gloves etc. for 'barn only' use. Your everyday coat will reek if you use it.
How cold are we talking in your area? We get temps -30 or colder, with high winds, so this is what's on the porch currently for 'barn clothing'.
- insulated Carhart bibs (these are key to staying comfortable at extremely cold temps) I usually wear them over jeans, but you can also do an underlayer (long johns, etc.) then pants then the bibs. Be careful. These are warm. If you overdress, you'll sweat and then chill. If I wear the bibs, I usually wear a lighter coat or layers so I can take some off when I'm working and get warm.
- Carhart barn coat (wool lined)
- a lighter winter coat (my old everyday coat)
- a couple of jackets/vests
- insulated boots
- wool socks (I pull these on over my regular socks)
- several sets of various gloves/mittens
- stocking cap
- ski mask