So this happened this week... we won a saddle! - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
 94Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 04-30-2019, 04:01 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Scotland
Posts: 790
• Horses: 0
Congrats! That looks like so much fun! He's such an athlete and they're amazing photos. The saddle looks really comfortable, despite lacking padding LOL.
knightrider likes this.
Caledonian is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 04-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,117
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACinATX View Post
1. Congratulations!
2. Yes, a very nice horse!
3. I think that ALL saddles should have a padded seat. Ever since I got one like that. I remember the first time I sat in it, just sinking down, down, down into that cushy seat. Ahh......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledonian View Post
Congrats! That looks like so much fun! He's such an athlete and they're amazing photos. The saddle looks really comfortable, despite lacking padding LOL.

I started out with padded seats and now I strongly prefer hard seats, lol! I DO have ample natural padding.


It probably depends on the saddle. Maybe I just never owned a good quality saddle with a padded seat but the hard seat saddles just feel better to me. The shape is more natural and fits the shape of my bottom. I feel like I'm balancing on my pelvis just perfect, whereas a lot of padded seats seemed to force me back into the cantle. I really like hard seat ranch type saddles (like wades). I'm sure if I found a padded seat with the same shape as a ranch saddle I would like it too. But don't write off a hard seat, I strongly prefer them because the shape of the seat seems to be better, at least for me.

There's a lot of stupid out there!
trailhorserider is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 04-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,117
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau159 View Post

Yes it is a Corriente. I've never owned one either. This is supposedly from their "high end" line and the leather does look very nice and thick on it. Seems to be very nice quality.

The only thing I question is that is does NOT have a padded seat, LOL. (My hiney likes cushion.) But the seat is gorgeous since they did tooling on the seat so I can't complain about that!
I currently have a Corriente which I love and I had another one which was probably even nicer in quality (the leather was thicker for

some reason) but I sold it when I re-homed my gelding because the guy wanted the saddle the horse was used to riding in.

I actually ordered another one to replace it and it should be here soon, so I'm crossing my fingers it will be super nice like yours. I ordered a fully tooled wade.

The two I have/had were rough-out but I decided to order a smooth one because I like my saddles to polish up and look new, and although I love my rough-out and there are definitely advantages as far as sticking to the seat, I decided I wanted to go with a smooth saddle this time. With full tooling because I've never had a saddle with full tooling. I'm crossing my fingers the tooling is nice . The tooling on yours looks fabulous!
beau159, Rawhide and knightrider like this.

There's a lot of stupid out there!
trailhorserider is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 05-01-2019, 03:50 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cariboo, British Columbia
Posts: 13,224
• Horses: 3
Congratulations!!! Looking so awesome!!!
knightrider likes this.

I am not here to promote anythingNo, that's not true, I am here to promote everything equestrian and everyone enjoying horses!
waresbear is online now  
post #15 of 25 Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,536
• Horses: 1
Congratulations!!!
Great action shots.

And I prefer hard seats too - plenty of home-made padding
knightrider and JoBlueQuarter like this.
SwissMiss is online now  
post #16 of 25 Old 05-01-2019, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Trained
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,100
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTheCornbread View Post
What is the height and weight of your horse? Do you know his breeding? Really really good looking horse!

.

I might be partial, but YES he is a good looking horse!


He is 8 this year and he's a Mr Illuminator grandson (pedigree).


He's about 15.3 hands. I've never weighed him on a real scale, but I would guess he's probably around 1200 pounds or a little less. He's not super wide (like my other horse) but he's got great bone structure and big feet.

∞*˚ Βгįťţαňγ ˚*∞
It is not enough to know how to ride; one must know how to fall.
beau159 is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 05-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,320
• Horses: 0
Congratulations!!!!
knightrider likes this.
carshon is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 05-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 390
• Horses: 0
He looks ginormous in your riding videos but I wasn't sure if that was because you are tiny or if the horse is really just that big. If he is 15.3 and 1,200lbs then it is a bit of both. Mr Illuminator is just about as race foundation bred as anyone could hope for. I am a big fan of the QH look that traces back to the more Thoroughbred build vs. the short stocky cutting horse build. The QH muscling on the mid-height Thoroughbred frame is hands down my favorite working horse build. Your horse has for me what I consider the perfect working build. Really pretty horse!

Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own. - Bruce Lee
AndyTheCornbread is online now  
post #19 of 25 Old 05-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Scotland
Posts: 790
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhorserider View Post
I started out with padded seats and now I strongly prefer hard seats, lol! I DO have ample natural padding.


It probably depends on the saddle. Maybe I just never owned a good quality saddle with a padded seat but the hard seat saddles just feel better to me. The shape is more natural and fits the shape of my bottom. I feel like I'm balancing on my pelvis just perfect, whereas a lot of padded seats seemed to force me back into the cantle. I really like hard seat ranch type saddles (like wades). I'm sure if I found a padded seat with the same shape as a ranch saddle I would like it too. But don't write off a hard seat, I strongly prefer them because the shape of the seat seems to be better, at least for me.



Oh yes I've more than enough padding as well . I think being comfortable is what matters. All Western saddles look comfortable to me but I've never ridden in one though; they look like you sit further back given how they tip up towards the front. The saddles on Wades look great and so many different types.
knightrider likes this.
Caledonian is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 05-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Edge of Fla/Everglades(sw side)
Posts: 441
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss View Post


And I prefer hard seats too - plenty of home-made padding
Any pic"s ??? (relax just kidding)
knightrider likes this.
Rawhide is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
We went, We showed and we won! Klassic Superstar Horse Talk 14 06-13-2013 12:07 AM
The coolest thing happened last week... howrsegirl123 Horse Talk 8 02-17-2013 06:29 PM
"You have to figure out what happened before what happened, happened." Ray Hunt Dakotashadow Natural Horsemanship 4 12-11-2009 11:31 PM
We won! We won!!! Velvet Horse Shows 6 10-18-2009 05:38 PM
So, so, so, so, so, so.. SO PROUD! =D IheartPheobe Horse Training 12 06-29-2009 10:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome