What Bad Riding Habits REALLY Bug You to See? - Page 12 - The Horse Forum
 180Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 204
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleS View Post
  • Peanut Rollers. >.<
  • English snobs.
  • Western snobs.
  • Snobs that think they can obtain world peace by riding both disciplines.
  • Snobs who could care less about horses but their parents force them into showing.
  • Western riders that look like they're riding in an english saddle.
  • People that post in a western pleasure class.
  • Barrel racers that slam their horse's sides. Unnecessary.
Really harsh bits.
  • People who have multiple entries with multiple horses in the same class.
I could go on and on!
both me and my sister have two and somethimes three horses in each speed event. that is how we make money to buy our horse stuff,we spend countless hours over years to make ours horses the way they are and win. Please do not be criticul of people that do this. I am 14 and i have to buy my own saddles,leg wraps,wormer and everything else exept for feed.this is y most people do it. I love my horses and they diserve to put it all out there and run. :)i didnt know it bothered people.....
horseandme is offline  
post #112 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 204
• Horses: 2
o i have a few more haha :)

when people oviously dont know what they are doing

when kids have their daddies pay for a trainer 2 weeks b4 everyyy show.

when people tell me to wear a helmet , if i am going to die, ill be with god:)

when barrel kids have their reins so short that even if they reach down the horses neck the reins will still be tight

when people think they are better bc they have a 10000 dollar horse

when people think they are better becasue their trailer is nicer

people yelling at horses

big bits with little kids
EnglishElegance likes this.
horseandme is offline  
post #113 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,053
• Horses: 3
Quote:
When people tell me to wear a helmet , if I am going to die, ill be with god:)
Every adult has the choice to wear a helmet or not. Knowing someone who was in a weird accident, (doing somthing safe and familiar, and ended up hitting his head) and has spent the last ten years with cronic migrains and short term memory loss on prescription pain killers, I make the choice to protect my head.

For people who know the effect of head injuries and care about fellow human beings, recomending you wear a helmet is evidence that they care.

I'm sure your family will take great comfort that, though you died young and unessesarily, you are with god, so there is no point in greiving.

(Sorry, this is a pet peave of mine. Choose not to wear safety gear, fine, but dont get mad at those who care enough to say something)
Golden Horse and jaydee like this.
BlueSpark is offline  
post #114 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In a place without enough horses!
Posts: 95
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by QHriderKE View Post
The one thing that REALLY gets me is flapping chicken elbows. When I see it, I was to super glue peoples arms to their sides.
This habit doesn't usually get to me, but in one case it did. A couple years ago, I was still guilty of watching the saddle club, which is an old children's show where none of the actors know how to ride, always pulling and kicking at there horses. Back then, I thought they were the best riders ever because they could jump. Anyhow, in one of the episodes there is a scene where a girl's boyfriend is galloping up to her. Well, in that scene, you see a close up of the guy on the horse, and there are his elbows, flapping like he's trying to fly. Sort of ruined the romantic effect... Well, that was the last episode of that show I ever watched.

Rule #1 when riding: KEEP THE HORSE UNDER YOU AT ALL TIMES.
MLShunterjumper is offline  
post #115 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,426
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLShunterjumper View Post
This habit doesn't usually get to me, but in one case it did. A couple years ago, I was still guilty of watching the saddle club, which is an old children's show where none of the actors know how to ride, always pulling and kicking at there horses. Back then, I thought they were the best riders ever because they could jump. Anyhow, in one of the episodes there is a scene where a girl's boyfriend is galloping up to her. Well, in that scene, you see a close up of the guy on the horse, and there are his elbows, flapping like he's trying to fly. Sort of ruined the romantic effect... Well, that was the last episode of that show I ever watched.
I HATED that show. It was so terrible!
horseandme likes this.

"You know, for as long as I can remember, I've had memories." ~Colin Mochrie
Arksly is offline  
post #116 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CT USA an English transplant
Posts: 34,557
• Horses: 3
harsh bits and spurs

UK mounted games needs a fast pony thats stops and turns on a sixpence but only snaffle bits are allowed and no spurs or whips, maybe its something that should be considered for novices and young people in stuff like barrel racing. I watched a Clinton TV thing recently where the woman was struggling to get the horse to go forward in the right direction because at the same time as she was kicking it on she was banging it in the mouth and her hands were going every which way, He told her to put it in a snaffle
Video of UK pony club competitors - its a rough game so riding isn't always pretty but having a mild bit is so much better on the ponies and they stop & turn just as fast
jaydee is online now  
post #117 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CT USA an English transplant
Posts: 34,557
• Horses: 3
flapping elbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksly View Post
I HATED that show. It was so terrible!
Never saw the show but I bet if you flap really hard you won't hit the ground so badly when you fly off - maybe just glide into a soft smooth landing LOL
jaydee is online now  
post #118 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 62
• Horses: 0
i hate when your in an arena with younger kids who don't really know how to ride. and they don't know what to do so they walk, trot, around the arena right up next to you infront of you and all sorts while you are trying to work your horse and get some training done...

also at my 4-h horse meetings there are all these parents that say i'm a show off when i ride my horse because i work hard with him and actually try to make him better.(it makes me feel good too though because he use to a jerk and always bucked, he now does almost anything i want him to do!!! i love him!)
horseandme likes this.
socks is offline  
post #119 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 204
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSpark View Post
Every adult has the choice to wear a helmet or not. Knowing someone who was in a weird accident, (doing somthing safe and familiar, and ended up hitting his head) and has spent the last ten years with cronic migrains and short term memory loss on prescription pain killers, I make the choice to protect my head.

For people who know the effect of head injuries and care about fellow human beings, recomending you wear a helmet is evidence that they care.

I'm sure your family will take great comfort that, though you died young and unessesarily, you are with god, so there is no point in greiving.

(Sorry, this is a pet peave of mine. Choose not to wear safety gear, fine, but dont get mad at those who care enough to say something)
You say your pet peeve but i cant say mine? Little harsh huh? I understand you believe in helmets and I wore won until i was 12.I am a good barrel racer and I know my limits. Whn I wore one it made me feel scared.That was a figure of speech if u didnt notice,about the god part.Kids now adays are expected to be safe safe safe instead of have fun and take care of ur self. I know wat to do wen something goes wrong. I never do anything stupid and wreckless. I alwsy ride with my sister. you have a right to say something and so do I. I didnt say i was mad, i said it is a pet peeveonly reason i would be mad is because u want me to justify why.When it doesnt matter, it says what is your pet peeve not what is your pet peeve and why is that exactly. umm yes i know the risks.
horseandme is offline  
post #120 of 179 Old 06-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 299
• Horses: 0
Don't worry about the helmet thing, if you fall you dont always die. You can become a vegetable for your family to take care of. Or get brain trama and not be able to take care of yourself of feed yourself. The ones who die are probably the lucky ones.

But to each their own , I'm not telling anyone to wear one do what you want!

Anyway I just thought of this. People who are at rated shows A or competative B ones and can't braid. They look horrible and think they're really good. It's neater not not braid then to attempt it! And braiding with elastics doesn't fool anyone, you braided with elastics.
Tasia and Horsealot like this.
Mckellar is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to correct these habits? Hedgie Horse Training 15 06-14-2012 05:09 PM
Bad habits horselovermae English Riding 2 10-23-2010 04:58 PM
New bad habits bella64 Horse Training 3 10-13-2010 08:37 AM
Bad Habits Small_Town_Girl Horse Training 27 03-09-2008 02:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome