Those mysteries in life.. - Page 7 - The Horse Forum
 436Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 80 Old 10-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 488
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCnGrace View Post
Blame it on Murphy! LOL

Hey! I'm not in charge of the bad drivers. I just place inconvenient potholes and cue the rain after you wash your car.
mkmurphy81 is offline  
post #62 of 80 Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,170
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalCharm View Post



Touché!
RegalCharm and JoBlueQuarter like this.

SueC is time travelling.
SueC is offline  
post #63 of 80 Old 10-24-2018, 09:37 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,170
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordillera Cowboy View Post
"A man who won't read has no advantage over a man who can't read".
Mark Twain
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing. Mr Twain has said lots of really insightful things, but we'd not heard this quote.

SueC is time travelling.
SueC is offline  
post #64 of 80 Old 10-26-2018, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW UK
Posts: 14,898
• Horses: 0
Why, if you ask someone a question and they say, "What did you say?" and you don't answer, they then reply to you original question?
Foxhunter is offline  
post #65 of 80 Old 10-26-2018, 04:19 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,170
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhunter View Post
Why, if you ask someone a question and they say, "What did you say?" and you don't answer, they then reply to you original question?

They think they didn't hear it because they were distracted, but then their subconscious got it for them. Slight delay.


Glad I could solve this one for you!

SueC is time travelling.
SueC is offline  
post #66 of 80 Old 10-26-2018, 10:57 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 8,493
• Horses: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhunter View Post
Why, if you ask someone a question and they say, "What did you say?" and you don't answer, they then reply to you original question?

I'm very bad about doing that just to buy time to figure out how to answer.






Why is it that last bit of a bar of soap won't produce lather?

R.I.P. JC 5/19/85 - 12/9/14. You made my life better.
JCnGrace is offline  
post #67 of 80 Old 10-27-2018, 07:03 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
Posts: 2,118
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueC View Post
They think they didn't hear it because they were distracted, but then their subconscious got it for them. Slight delay.


Glad I could solve this one for you!
I had an ox drover explain safety around oxen to me once.


"Don't stand too close if you don't have to. If they have an itchy spot, they'll swing their horns to scratch it. They'll notice afterwards that they gored you by accident. There's a wide synaptic gap in there."
Cordillera Cowboy is offline  
post #68 of 80 Old 10-27-2018, 08:58 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,098
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkamile View Post
I started noticing that Don would hear the first item on my "to do list", but nothing after that. I learned that part of the problem was I would often times be turning away from him after the first item spoken, and he simply couldn't hear.

The other part was his mind shut down because it was on that first item to do/get. No multi tasking there.

Now that I know this, I have adjusted how I ask for anything to be done and also have him repeat what I asked him for (very handy when he was running to the market for a few items). Not perfect, but not as frustrating as before.

I have watched her videos before and I think you will find this very amusing.


I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within. Douglas MacArthur
RegalCharm is offline  
post #69 of 80 Old 10-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW UK
Posts: 14,898
• Horses: 0
I just love Jeannie Robertson, especially the one below!

Foxhunter is offline  
post #70 of 80 Old 10-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW UK
Posts: 14,898
• Horses: 0
scientists tested boys no girls for differences between the sexes.

One test they did was for them to wear headphones, two different words were simultaneously piped into each ear. The girls could tell you both words but the boys mostly heard only the word in the right headphone.

Has the male sex evolved this so they don't hear all the nagging?
Foxhunter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's see those those fun clip jobs, Soon that time to bring your clippers out! Klassic Superstar Horse Grooming 15 10-05-2011 07:19 PM
Let's See Those Ribbons And Hears Those Stories fuadteagan Horse Shows 0 05-08-2011 08:37 PM
Possible to have a life and a horse life? hotreddun Horse Talk 8 05-07-2011 01:18 PM
Horse Mysteries Michele Horse Stories and Poems 2 10-27-2010 12:25 PM
My Life: A Horse life walkergal Horse Stories and Poems 0 06-28-2010 05:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome