I dont know whats going on. I have had my horse for a little less than a year, and in the past few months weird things have started going on with him. He's a 12 yr old thoroughbred, never raced, but i think they evented him pretty hard and he's very hard to put weight on. about 2 months ago, he started to try to lay down after i put the saddle on him, i emailed the girl who owned him before me and she said that he did that to her for the first few months she had him. (she failed to tell me that when i purchased him hmmm...) anyway so i just started to walk him off right away after i put the saddle on him and he hasn't layed down. so about 2 months ago he choked, called the vet but by the time he got there, he had stopped choking, so ok, we started soaking his feed, since then he has choked maybe 2 or 3 times while eating but those times he had relieved it himself within about a half and hour, then this past friday, he choked big time (on mushy feed), had to have the vet out and he put a tube down and relieved it, it was pretty bad. and really gross, he was spewing stuff out his nose and mouth like crazy. i felt so bad for him. so now he has had a little cough since then because he probably asperated while choking, so hes on antibiotics to prevent pneumonia.
so does anyone have a clue what this sounds like?
all the vet said it to make his feed into soup.
he said i could get him scoped to see if there is a mass at his esophagus but he doesnt have a scoped long enough so id have to trailer him to a place to get it done, i am not very willing to do that.
i dont know what to do with him...