A few of you know my situation, having read my story from beginning to this point I'm at now and it's been brought to my attention that I should post about the situation I faced before I made my ultimate decision to not buy the Khemosabi daughter in Florida. The only reason I post this, is because I am appalled that she apparently thinks nothing of breeding/selling horses that are possible carries of SCID/CA, prevalent in the Arabian horse breed. Just because she has never had a sick foal is NO EXCUSE to not test! I have removed the email address and last name of both parties to maintain anonymity. I will not disclose the name of this well known breeder, because it would be out of character for me to do so and secondly, fear of legal backlash. Here's the email I received from the seller shortly before I sent her an email stating that I was no longer going to purchase the horse for sale:
Sep 2 (3 days ago)
Thank you for your interest in Khemo.
The following responds to your inquiries:
1. She has not been tested for SCID or CA. We don't test any of our horses unless requested by a buyer at their expense and have never had a problem or a sick foal. She was bred only twice, once to Rohara Shahquille and once to Magnum Psyche.
2.. She was bred successfully using fresh and frozen semen.
3. She conceived quickly both times.
4. She never required Regumate.
5. She never required antibiotics during her pregnancies.
6. She does not need to be caslicked.
7. She appears to have regular heat cycles.
8. She had no trouble with her pregancies and produced healthy foals. Her daughter has been bred once and produced international champion, Millbrook DH, who was exported to Europe and is now standing at stud there.
Good luck to you and Dan.
Last edited by AbsitVita; 09-05-2012 at 07:30 PM.