my new horse was being fed this. The old owner was ademate that its the best thing ever. As always, I do research. I could not find many people condoning it. I mean, the way i imagine it, its like crushing glass and swallowing it. If it's sharp enough to tear the parasites apart, it'll do the same for the stomach, esophagus. I asked my vet, and she said by no means would she suggest it. There is not enough research to show that feeding an everyday "dewormer" would be beneficial. Just like if you kill all the parasites, its bad for your horse.